Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
December 2021 Medium/Long Range Discussion Thread

North Balti Zen

3 hours ago, BlizzardNole said:

I hope not because this place and a sport board where I follow my (currently disastrous) football team are two of my favorite places. I tried social media like FB years ago and it just didn't click with me.  I mostly just read on here as I don't have the expertise but it's been a fun place over so many years. 

Some memorable quotes:  a few days before the Dec. 2009 storm someone posted "Welp time for the Euro to squeeze one off into the punchbowl" and another poster said "If that happens I'll intentionally roll my car on I-70"  

And how about the thread "The Hoffman cometh"

So many good times on here!

And I still save my Feb 2010 WSW text like a talisman. Godspeed brother.  

. WINTER STORM WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 10 AM FRIDAY TO 10 PM EST SATURDAY...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN STERLING VIRGINIA HAS ISSUED A WINTER STORM WARNING FOR HEAVY SNOW WITH NEAR-BLIZZARD CONDITIONS... IN EFFECT FROM 10 AM FRIDAY TO 10 PM EST SATURDAY. THE WINTER STORM WATCH IS NO LONGER IN EFFECT.

* PRECIPITATION TYPE... HEAVY SNOW.

* ACCUMULATIONS... STORM TOTAL ACCUMULATIONS OF 16 TO 24 INCHES.

* TIMING... SNOW WILL BEGIN FRIDAY MID-MORNING... AND WILL CONTINUE THROUGH SATURDAY EVENING. CONDITIONS WILL DETERIORATE RAPIDLY FRIDAY AFTERNOON... WITH HEAVIEST SNOWFALL OCCURRING BETWEEN SUNSET FRIDAY TO SUNRISE SATURDAY. THE MOST HAZARDOUS WINTER WEATHER CONDITIONS WILL OCCUR FRIDAY NIGHT... WHEN THE COMBINATION OF HEAVY SNOW AND STRONG WINDS WILL REDUCE VISIBILITIES TO BELOW ONE-QUARTER MILE... PRODUCING NEAR- BLIZZARD CONDITIONS.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 4
  • Weenie 5

1 minute ago, Weather Will said:

Watching the Ravens

I like the weather, but am a lawyer not a meteorologist, and don’t pretend to be an expert.  I like to critically think about the weather but not go after people who are wrong about it.  Honestly, I joke with everyone that being a met. is the only profession where you can be wrong half the time and still not be fired.  Cohen gets an “A” for December.  He called for a torch.   Hopefully those calling for the major pattern change will also get an “A” by the middle of January.

2 hours ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

To me that’s a look that can shoot waves out of the sw into a cold east, CAD setups as well as the occasional (fictional lol) clipper.

Yeah. I have been watching the models wanting to cut everything in the long range. And we can actually score some snow with some entrenched cold air in those events. A front end thump followed by a dryslot. We have had multiple 6+ inch events out this way in the past decade from that. Including last February. 

1 hour ago, IronTy said:

And I still save my Feb 2010 WSW text like a talisman. Godspeed brother.  

. WINTER STORM WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 10 AM FRIDAY TO 10 PM EST SATURDAY...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN STERLING VIRGINIA HAS ISSUED A WINTER STORM WARNING FOR HEAVY SNOW WITH NEAR-BLIZZARD CONDITIONS... IN EFFECT FROM 10 AM FRIDAY TO 10 PM EST SATURDAY. THE WINTER STORM WATCH IS NO LONGER IN EFFECT.

* PRECIPITATION TYPE... HEAVY SNOW.

* ACCUMULATIONS... STORM TOTAL ACCUMULATIONS OF 16 TO 24 INCHES.

* TIMING... SNOW WILL BEGIN FRIDAY MID-MORNING... AND WILL CONTINUE THROUGH SATURDAY EVENING. CONDITIONS WILL DETERIORATE RAPIDLY FRIDAY AFTERNOON... WITH HEAVIEST SNOWFALL OCCURRING BETWEEN SUNSET FRIDAY TO SUNRISE SATURDAY. THE MOST HAZARDOUS WINTER WEATHER CONDITIONS WILL OCCUR FRIDAY NIGHT... WHEN THE COMBINATION OF HEAVY SNOW AND STRONG WINDS WILL REDUCE VISIBILITIES TO BELOW ONE-QUARTER MILE... PRODUCING NEAR- BLIZZARD CONDITIONS.

I like to look at this whenever I get depressed about the weather….best…map…ever….so much pink and red where it matters

83EB72BF-48E7-478C-BE43-335682D23566.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Weenie 2

• mappy unpinned this topic