• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 2021 Medium/Long Range Discussion Thread

North Balti Zen

The GFS right now is obviously a best case scenario but it’s been trending towards CMC and Euro which is south and would lead to a drier solution I would assume. Just need to have that trend stop and the euro and cmc to come back a bit more juiced. If so maybe 2-4” area wide of solid paste could be in the cards

3 minutes ago, Baltimorewx said:

And the CMC is looking to set up to say “what storm” lol

While the GFS has trended south, it is still more amped/wet than the rest of the global guidance. The NAM is too, but it is always like that at range. Probably not a winning combo against everything else.

• Like 1

Pretty clear to see why GFS has trended toward the Euro/CMC: stronger confluence to the north in each successive run squashes the system. Given the +EPO/-PNA and the disappearance of Atlantic blocking, it'll be in and out in a hurry. Doesn't mean the MA can't thread the needle, but a completely sheared out mess is very much on the table.

gfs_z500_vort_us_fh78_trend.gif

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Winter Wizard said:

Pretty clear to see why GFS has trended toward the Euro/CMC: stronger confluence to the north in each successive run squashes the system. Given the +EPO/-PNA and the disappearance of Atlantic blocking, it'll be in and out in a hurry. Doesn't mean the MA can't thread the needle, but a completely sheared out mess is very much on the table.

gfs_z500_vort_us_fh78_trend.gif

We do threading the needle so well tho

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

You’re late to the party. I’ll repeat it just so you know … it my opinion that lack of precip hurts us more often than lack of proper temps do.

I’ll politely disagree since you can get nice snows with meager precip if it’s cold enough. And by nice I mean a 3” snow with temps in the 20s and only needing .10-.20”precip

29 minutes ago, H2O said:

I’ll politely disagree since you can get nice snows with meager precip if it’s cold enough. And by nice I mean a 3” snow with temps in the 20s and only needing .10-.20”precip

I agree. Meager precip for mean means upwards of a quarter of an inch. We get that Wednesday and I’ll be thrilled. It’s those 0.05 deals that grind my gears.

• Like 2

• mappy unpinned this topic