Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
2021-22 New England Snow

Kevin W

On 12/27/2021 at 10:28 AM, Damage In Tolland said:

He never added me in like other years. Not sure what’s happening 

Sorry. I haven't been getting notifications for this site. I just sent you a PM, so you're all set.
As far as entering events for members, as I have done in the past, I cannot commit to that as I'm focused on other things.

At the end of the season, I have no problem entering season totals for members, which I'll do all at once. ( I can do this for any member who is NOT listed for PAST seasons as well)

I will also enter all your events if you wish(again.....at the end of the season), but they would need to be neatly listed so that it would be foolproof for me to enter them all at once, without taking too much time.

Happy New Year everyone.

16 minutes ago, Kevin W said:

Sorry. I haven't been getting notifications for this site. I just sent you a PM, so you're all set.
As far as entering events for members, as I have done in the past, I cannot commit to that as I'm focused on other things.

At the end of the season, I have no problem entering season totals for members, which I'll do all at once. ( I can do this for any member who is NOT listed for PAST seasons as well)

I will also enter all your events if you wish(again.....at the end of the season), but they would need to be neatly listed so that it would be foolproof for me to enter them all at once, without taking too much time.

Happy New Year everyone.

Ok man. All set. Thanks!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, PhineasC said:

Nice keep updating.

I am trying to catch J. Spin but it is very hard. I need all the moral support I can get in this challenge. He literally measures the flake size at midnight so you can imagine how hard this is. :) 

Yeah, I think he teaches at UVM but I’m not sure what subject. Has to be something STEM. I work with some real data hawks and they got nothing on him. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mreaves said:

Yeah, I think he teaches at UVM but I’m not sure what subject. Has to be something STEM. I work with some real data hawks and they got nothing on him. 

For sure, @J.Spin wipes me out in terms of accuracy over time in an event. I have a STEM background but his dedication to the craft puts me to shame. I have to respect what he brings to the table.

I have learned to use his obs to roughly gauge where things are headed for this area. There is a linkage between the peaks in VT and NH on most of these events if you follow them closely enough.

1 minute ago, PhineasC said:

For sure, @J.Spin wipes me out in terms of accuracy over time in an event. I have a STEM background but his dedication to the craft puts me to shame. I have to respect what he brings to the table.

I have learned to use his obs to roughly gauge where things are headed for this area. There is a linkage between the peaks in VT and NH on most of these events if you follow them closely enough.

And even though I’m at 1250’ it’s more of a plateau type set up so I miss quite a bit of upslope unless the conditions are just right. Thursday’s snow never really got to my house whereas at my office in Waterbury there were on and off snow showers all day. Mountains add a lot of variety to weather. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mreaves said:

And even though I’m at 1250’ it’s more of a plateau type set up so I miss quite a bit of upslope unless the conditions are just right. Thursday’s snow never really got to my house whereas at my office in Waterbury there were on and off snow showers all day. Mountains add a lot of variety to weather. 

Yeah, they do. Driving around here when a NW flow event is underway is always interesting. There are definitely areas that do well and areas that do poorly in such events.

2” Xmas eve plus 13” yesterday means Willimantic at the river is at 15” for the season so far. Roughly 37-40 per cent of average?

I know that some of the higher spots within a few miles of me saw 14 to 15 inches yesterday which makes sense since my location is a relatively lower spot, at 230 feet, in the river canyon area. Fluff factor.