• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Upstate/Eastern New York-Into Winter!

45 minutes ago, BGM Blizzard said:

Trailing storm stays an open positively tilted wave on the Euro and misses east. Blah.

632585902_prateptype_cat_ecmwf.conus(4).thumb.png.97e2ec86531bd9be7b865c27de91296f.png

1575170644_500hv.conus(4).thumb.png.4c8dd21a3c238798820ea964925f10eb.png

Trough amchored west pushes everything NW of Apos then briefly relaxes and something slides through south. Then will reload West. Seen this many times in past. We'll get something later in winter but the next month is shot for any meaningful synoptic. Maybe a few weeks in late Jan and Feb will be decent. Feels like 2020/21 all over again.

23 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Sneaky little event now showing up for Thursday on GFS

gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_neus_15.pngsn10_acc.us_ne.png

11 minutes ago, wolfie09 said:

Euro has it too but a little farther east..It's gone next frame so it's a quick hitter somewhere down there lol

prateptype_cat_ecmwf.us_ne (78).png

It also came waaaay farther south again with the New Year's Day system. Most bipolar model ever.

That's for Tuesday night, we have a few chances at light mix this week including HWO for Monday into Tuesday.. Seen a few flakes today from something lol

Tuesday Night
A chance of snow showers before 1am, then snow likely between 1am and 4am, then a chance of snow showers after 4am. Cloudy, with a low around 30. Southwest wind 5 to 8 mph becoming east after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 60%.

Well my son reported things are pretty sh*tty as far as road conditions out near Tacoma and Bremerton Washington with the snow. Apparently their snow removal / treatment capabilities are on par with a lot of the southern US...major roads were basically a no-go zone today.  I never thought about it but I guess that makes sense.

1 hour ago, BuffaloWeather said:

GEFS show loads of synoptic chances next 2 weeks.

An improved look of late on models but I'd put my $ on the upper Midwest scoring best.  This pattern looks really familiar to past winter, or two...we are probably in for a lot of "in between" events and maybe a gullywasher thrown in.  It doesn't look like a flip to ridge west / trough east is coming anytime soon.  Who knows.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Syrmax said:

An improved look of late on models but I'd put my $ on the upper Midwest scoring best.  This pattern looks really familiar to past winter, or two...we are probably in for a lot of "in between" events and maybe a gullywasher thrown in.  It doesn't look like a flip to ridge west / trough east is coming anytime soon.  Who knows.

It's still possible we get cutters with colder air behind. But its 100% better than the pattern we've been in which virtually guarantees no snow. If you tell me we're going to get a January with temps 1-2 degrees below normal with 40 degree lakes I'm going to say we get above normal snowfall for the month. Just hoping to get a few ski sessions in next month. Holiday has been struggling.

• Like 3