• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Upstate/Eastern New York-Into Winter!

28 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

The GFS would turn our winter around in a hurry. It features a 20" snowstorm for all and then an epic LES event east/northesat of the lakes. :weenie:

snku_acc.us_ne.png

That would be a big turn around haha. I say it every winter but I hope the SE ridge flexes hard in March and April. I enjoy warmer springs and despise mud season 

19 minutes ago, mississaugasnow said:

That would be a big turn around haha. I say it every winter but I hope the SE ridge flexes hard in March and April. I enjoy warmer springs and despise mud season 

I personally consider this hate speech. We already have one annoyance who routinely cheers-on warmth. We don’t need another. :guitar:

• Haha 5

Active storm track. It has the potential to deliver but it also has the potential to really break hearts. Most of these are sliders without buckles in the jet stream- so they won’t have beefy north-northwest quadrants of snow, they’ll have slivers. It reminds me of last years pattern where Toronto got hit several times and everyone else got rain. 
Hey! At least it’ll be fun to watch. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

The GFS would turn our winter around in a hurry. It features a 20" snowstorm for all and then an epic LES event east/northesat of the lakes. :weenie:

snku_acc.us_ne.png

We’ve had plenty of epic winters start in January. I’d take a snowless dec for a solid Jan and Feb every year. 01-02 and 00-01 come to mind. 

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

3 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

So now it looks like the good ol' primary going waaaay NW and we hope for a secondary to form in time for us to cash in. I suppose it's better/different than what we've had the past two months.

I'm still waiting for my first legit dusting down here :lol::(

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, Syrmax said:

Pretty much almost back to status quo ante here with a light covering of snow that managed to fall earlier this a.m. after the light snow-cover was washed away by our traditional XMas sizzle-rain.  And the Jonah was even out of town for that. Go figure.

See that hole in Northeastern PA? That's where I am at right now.:lol: (I see my aura holds strong in Bville as well.)

Screenshot_20211226-113031.png

• Haha 2

Seems like this might be a 2 part event. The initial wave has a good chance to cut NW. Seems the trailing energy might be the main event to focus on. Hopefully the lead wave doesn't gum up the works. 

Canadian deepened the 2nd wave to 949mb in New England lol. Very believable. 

1648410705_prateptype.conus(3).thumb.png.48832bcae6c39873f2b344b9051875c8.png

1677393211_prateptype.conus(4).thumb.png.6b7195812bbeb52534054f3fd70c61d0.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, TugHillMatt said:

The Canadian agrees...Ugh. Discouraging, but it's still a week out. 

Well, my son reports heavy snow around the Navy base in Bremerton Washington, not far from Seattle.  I told him we have the Seattle weather ready to go when he flies home on leave in a few days.

• Like 1