• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Upstate/Eastern New York-Into Winter!

28 minutes ago, rochesterdave said:

I realize it’s nuts. But how many times have we had snowstorms trend warmer (into rain) inside of 48-72 hours? How come it can’t go the other way? I’m expecting Matt will have a good answer. 

It has gone the other way...you just don't remember because they go too far south then and miss us the other way as well. :lol:

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, mississaugasnow said:

Got around 2" from the snow tonight so at least Christmas Eve will be white haha 

Nice! Was it supposed to get that far North? You guys have gotten a couple of nice surprises there this season, I believe?

9 minutes ago, sferic said:

About half an inch in Cicero; I like it here. Come the new year much more time up here as opposed to the Catskills and LI, looking forward to it

I was perusing the NYC subforum and I saw Walt's forecast for the "first covering/dusting of snow" of the season down there. Geesh. Put it into a little perspective of why you might look forward to being here for winter. lol

It was pixie dust here for the first 1.5 hours, but now getting some very nice dendrites as precip. fills in. Based on upstream reports and seeing all of this precip to go still across all of Western NY....we could have a liiiiiittle bit of an overachiever here. Probably just like a couple of extra tenths, but still...haha. My half inch call busted (happily).

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

Never mind. Radar is way off or something. Under heavy echoes but flurrying. My call of underachieving is still greatly possible. Half inch so far... LOL

Heavy dusting here. Maybe 1/4-1/2". Big question is whether it sublimates away or is melted by the Xmas rain.  Close call on this. It'll be a Nowcast for sure. ;)

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Syrmax said:

Heavy dusting here. Maybe 1/4-1/2". Big question is whether it sublimates away or is melted by the Xmas rain.  Close call on this. It'll be a Nowcast for sure. ;)

Ha! It'll be melted by the afternoon with the 40 degree sizzle. I realize nobody is getting huge amounts from this disturbance, but I think it's safe to say the Cuse once again is receiving some of the least amount of snow from this in Central/Western NY. I honestly don't know how we average 120 to 130 inches, because there seems to be a dry pocket that sits above us in every event. I have seen Freak mention this in the past as well. I just don't get it. Do we get downsloped from all directions?! Or is it just this continuation of odd bad luck? During synoptic events, I can just tell from looking at the snowflakes fall and how spaced apart they are that there is some shredding going on above.

12 minutes ago, LakeEffectKing said:

Not really...might be throwing a touch of added moisture to the lower levels...

image.thumb.png.58f2904ad79dd84ca5e9762942956888.png

It was one of those situations where the snow was coming down nicely and I could clearly see the moon shining through. (Very lake effect like)... In that case, finally a nice synoptic overachiever! (Hopefully a White Christmas Eve night!)