convective line of showers may accompany the cold front as it tracks
east of the region. There could be an enhanced wind threat if a line
forms.

A High Wind Watch is in effect for
Chautauqua (7PM Sun-9PM Mon), Erie, Niagara, Ontario, and
Genesee (8AM Mon-8PM Mon) Counties. Wind gusts of greater than
58 mph are possible during these time windows. A lesser
magnitude of wind gusts are expected east of this region and
further expansion of the watch or advisories may be warranted.
Also, gusty winds will continue through Monday evening

Along with the high winds, temperatures will be falling fast behind
the cold front Monday. Highs near 50 will likely be reached in the
morning across western NY and towards afternoon east of Lake
Ontario. Lake effect snow showers will begin east of the Lakes as
winds go from southwest to west across the region. Moisture will be
decreasing  Monday evening and equilibrium levels are progged to be
near 5-8k east of Lake Erie and closer to 10k east of Lake Ontario.
While winds will likely peak Monday afternoon, it will still be
windy going into Monday evening so the combination of winds and snow
showers will produce visibility restrictions on some areas. Best
chance for snow showers will be across the Southern Tier and Tug
Hill region Monday afternoon-Monday night. At this time, minor
accumulations expected. Temperatures will fall to the low to mid 20s
Monday night.

Someone check me on these! From January 01 2011 - Present... the BUF office has issued a total of 7 blizzard warning "events" for the CWA (includes events east of lake ontario as well).  I am missing one of the events! 

1. January 2014 / Lake Effect / Impacted most of WNY, First Blizzard Warning for BUF Metro since 1993 / Ontario conditions verified but I don't believe an official blizzard warning was ever lifted for east of Onatrio.

2.  March 2014 / Synoptic / Impacted most of upstate NY winds coming of Lake Ontario / Didn't really verify if I recall correctly.

4. January 2018 / Lake Effect & Wind Driven / LOVE THIS STORM! / Busted forecast, warning was issued to late, deadly thruway pile up resulted, lake band formed and completely dissipated in less than 6 hours!  I believe Ontario had a more foretasted band setup.

5. January 2019 / Lake Effect / Impacted both WNY and Tug 

6. February 2019 / Lake Effect / Impacted just areas east of Lake Ontario

7. Feb 2020 / Lake Effect / Impacted around Watertown and well South of Buffalo.  Believe there was blizzards warnings eventually off both lakes for this, don't believe Northern Erie was included however.

FF33B72B-322F-446B-AEC3-ABEF1CAA65A3.jpeg

19 minutes ago, SouthBuffaloSteve said:

Someone check me on these! From January 01 2011 - Present... the BUF office has issued a total of 7 blizzard warning "events" for the CWA (includes events east of lake ontario as well).  I am missing one of the events! 

1. January 2014 / Lake Effect / Impacted most of WNY, First Blizzard Warning for BUF Metro since 1993 / Ontario conditions verified but I don't believe an official blizzard warning was ever lifted for east of Onatrio.

2.  March 2014 / Synoptic / Impacted most of upstate NY winds coming of Lake Ontario / Didn't really verify if I recall correctly.

4. January 2018 / Lake Effect & Wind Driven / LOVE THIS STORM! / Busted forecast, warning was issued to late, deadly thruway pile up resulted, lake band formed and completely dissipated in less than 6 hours!  I believe Ontario had a more foretasted band setup.

7. Feb 2020 / Lake Effect / Impacted around Watertown and well South of Buffalo.  Believe there was blizzards warnings eventually off both lakes for this, don't believe Northern Erie was included however.

I think you have the 6 that cover WNY, the other is likely a Tughill special.

48 minutes ago, SouthBuffaloSteve said:

Will be interesting to see the loop with those double lows, but tidbits aint loading.  Laying the tracks for the Syracuse guys on this one, choo choo!  Awe, who are we kidding, we all know the taint will bust on up in there like usual!GFS12-4.thumb.png.a3459126a318285749562768b06f5023.png

lol...I know you're partially teasing...but I got away from SE Pennsylvania years ago in excitement to leave the bloody taint line...and it's just as bad here...just MORE times because of the increased "wintry" chances here compared to there!!!!!!!!!!!!

8 hours ago, SouthBuffaloSteve said:

nov 2014?

13 minutes ago, rochesterdave said:

Long range is just a disaster for all of December. SE heights just keep building. I feel comfortable in predicting that this winter will be a dumpster fire. You just can’t lose the first two months and expect to come back. image.thumb.png.34e52a04866bb43843fc3cd3390822d2.png

I’m dreaming of a warm Christmas. 

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

I wonder if Weds results in the best Lake effect band?

850th.us_ne.png

prateptype.us_ne.png

Canadian keeps trying to highlight this idea but I’m thinking winds will be too light to get anything of significance kicking.  May see a band hang over the lake and try and throw some snow showers our way.  Something to watch at least.