• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Upstate/Eastern New York-Into Winter!

59 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

That system is going to cut west mine as well get some decent les behind. Flow turns nw behind so impacts everyone really. Who doesn’t want to watch the bills vs pats on Monday in a lake effect band? Not really a good synoptic pattern next 2 weeks with se ridge. It’s cutter season. 

GFS yes…Euro not so much.

1 minute ago, TugHillMatt said:

Even if it does snow next week, it will melt the next day or two as temps jump right back into the 40s. Very reminiscent (for the next couple weeks) of our "coldest" periods of the 11-12 winter. The few times it did snow, the snow was gone the next day.

You really should have moved somewhere with elevation if you want snow retention in Upstate NY. I don't think there is any winter where we go nonstop snowcover around here, there are always at least 3-4 cutters a winter. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

You really should have moved somewhere with elevation if you want snow retention in Upstate NY. I don't think there is any winter where we go nonstop snowcover around here, there are always at least 3-4 cutters a winter. 

I reluctantly know that cutters will happen every winter....but we have had waaaaaaaay more than this past decade. You know I love snowcover....and we should get more than 3 to 4 weeks of snowpack.

Probably a little on the old side but I think they added a bit to it lol

Cold air at 850 hPa deepening -10 to -14C behind the cold front
through Tuesday will set the stage for a lake effect precipitation
response, with accumulating lake snows likely Monday afternoon
through Tuesday. Exact placement is still uncertain at this
point...but could include areas northeast of the Lakes, including
Buffalo and Watertown Monday. More of a westerly flow Monday night
should nudge lake snows southward across the typical snow belts.

Lingering lake snows Tuesday should diminish some late in the day
with a slightly drier air mass, before another system approaches
Wednesday. 00Z model guidance is weaker with this wave of low
pressure, lowering the risk for strong winds. However, it`s also a
bit colder supporting a widespread light snow for most of the
area with some lake enhancement possible.

47 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Have you even had an inch at your house yet? 

33 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

When was the last monday night game at the ralph? A few decades ago? 

I looked it up Nov 17th, 2008, we also had one in 2007 and then before that 1994. 

Patriots and Bills played a MNF game in Buffalo on Oct 29 2018… Bills starting QB… was checks notes… Derek Anderson? 

5D7FD2A7-7FE2-4159-916D-6687DC3FD47B.jpeg

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SouthBuffaloSteve said:

Patriots and Bills played a MNF game in Buffalo on Oct 29 2018… Bills starting QB… was checks notes… Derek Anderson? 

5D7FD2A7-7FE2-4159-916D-6687DC3FD47B.jpeg

I just came in to post this.  I was at that bizarre game.  It was all field goals until the fourth quarter. Not the Tom Brady shootout I was expecting.  A snoozer of a game to be honest.  I threw some great cornhole in the parking lot beforehand which was the highlight of the night, lol.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, rochesterdave said:

But a measured, on the ground, inch. Grass blades covered? How about the rest of you Buffalonians, you guys been living in a winter wonderland too? Lol

Yes that same event we picked up 3.2” in Williamsville and the grass was covered…it didn’t last particularly long but it was shovelable 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, rochesterdave said:

But a measured, on the ground, inch. Grass blades covered? How about the rest of you Buffalonians, you guys been living in a winter wonderland too? Lol

Lol...the 2 of you definitely are seeing the start of this season differently? Rochester and Syracuse itself have started off this season super slow. Looking at well below average if the next few weeks don't produce.

Here in the northern burbs of Syracuse we're doing better snow-wise with that LES event we lucked out on.

As I've said numerous times, the Pacific Jet the past several winters has been killing our winters.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ericjcrash said:

Canadian came through with the goods for next week. Will it verify? No. 

gem_mslp_pcpn_frzn_neus_26.png

Gfs is there but phases a bit slower than the Canuck…awaiting the Euro…which just showed an in between version of the GFS and the Canuck…it would be all snow but a 2-4” type event more as you go south towards PA line. 5-6 days out but all looks in unison…for now