• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Upstate/Eastern New York-Into Winter!

1 minute ago, SouthBuffaloSteve said:

Looks incredible on radar.  Should have went south… just landed at the outer harbor for a bit.

Nothing too crazy some moderate to borderline heavy snow for about 5 minutes and then it calmed right down. Currently under the center of the meso low with just some flurries. Winds are dead calm right now which is kind of cool. 

6 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

I was wondering about that. Boo.

I have been checking on Syracuse webcams and it seems like the only thing today's snow is doing is melting what little there was left from yesterday.

Such is life in the enhanced maritime climate of the lower elevation lake plain.

SN- here locally all a.m. sometimes steadier, just a dusting on raised surfaces fornthe most part.  Still a covering on ground from the "big one" Friday night.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Syrmax said:

SN- here locally all a.m. sometimes steadier, just a dusting on raised surfaces fornthe most part.  Still a covering on ground from the "big one" Friday night.

The models seemed to have increased our snowfall amounts for the next couple days...but I am skeptical. We've been burned so many times by models and piddly dying waves.

My call: Five more dustings this week.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, lakeeffectkid383 said:

Not a word about rain in the AFD, point and click, or by any local TV Mets. Guess that warm lake influenced air just pushed inland more than expected as I’m a couple miles from the lake. It’s in the upper 30s from the Angola Lakeshore down the Chautauqua shoreline to Ripley to Erie,PA. 

Still snowing here near the metro.  More of a grainy snow and isn’t really accumulating but still all snow up here.  

46 minutes ago, lakeeffectkid383 said:

Not a word about rain in the AFD, point and click, or by any local TV Mets. Guess that warm lake influenced air just pushed inland more than expected as I’m a couple miles from the lake. It’s in the upper 30s from the Angola Lakeshore down the Chautauqua shoreline to Ripley to Erie,PA. 

Very interesting. Stayed snow here all day so far, just the few extra miles away from the lake made the difference. Big fat dendrites pouring down now. 

2 hours ago, lakeeffectkid383 said:

Nothing too crazy some moderate to borderline heavy snow for about 5 minutes and then it calmed right down. Currently under the center of the meso low with just some flurries. Winds are dead calm right now which is kind of cool. 

Had a pretty nice leading edge visible as it rolled in.  

7515054B-5957-4544-8EA9-88FC04782884.jpeg

• Like 3

12Z GFS looks like a few chances for dustings of snow and 2 heavier synoptic rainfall events over the next two weeks with indication of genuine Sizzle out beyond Day 7.  Right on schedule for the Sizzlemas Season again! Will be great weather to shop for pool supplies on sale!

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

37 minutes ago, Syrmax said:

12Z GFS looks like a few chances for dustings of snow and 2 heavier synoptic rainfall events over the next two weeks with indication of genuine Sizzle out beyond Day 7.  Right on schedule for the Sizzlemas Season again! Will be great weather to shop for pool supplies on sale!

Yep... had a feeling BGM would pay dearly for that epic 4 footer last year and thus far things aren't looking good this year. Hopefully Buf, Roc, and Syr atleast get some decent LES events this year. 

It really is dejavu from the past couple winters. Banding drops snow in PA, falls apart over WNY and CNY, and then heaviest echoes ride over....Lake Ontario!

As far as the next couple weeks, looks like typical late November/early December weather. Cutters, backside snow showers, melt, cutter, repeat. Now, hopefully it just doesn't continue the entire winter. To be honest, I would rather have sunny and 60 than awful damp, 40 degree weather

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Heavy snow near Erie pa

0FD4FBC2-0CD3-4CB7-8504-A0004BE7BD16.jpeg

Just drive through that entire band in the way back from Florida. Snow really picked up about 15 miles outside Erie, by the time we got back to the 90, it was a complete whiteout into The state line and up to exit 59…and yes we had thunder snow! As soon as we hit Dunkirk everything had stopped and you wouldn’t have known it snowed.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, TugHillMatt said:

It really is dejavu from the past couple winters. Banding drops snow in PA, falls apart over WNY and CNY, and then heaviest echoes ride over....Lake Ontario!

As far as the next couple weeks, looks like typical late November/early December weather. Cutters, backside snow showers, melt, cutter, repeat. Now, hopefully it just doesn't continue the entire winter. To be honest, I would rather have sunny and 90 with pool and Umbrella drinks  than awful damp, 40 degree weather

There. Fixed. :)

• Haha 1

I enjoyed the mood snows all day today. While it didn't add up to much, just walking outside while it snowed quietly all day was really pleasant. Some people on this forum need to remember to get outside and actually enjoy this thing we're talking about on here. It was a pleasant winter day out there with constant snow! Not bad for November...51711878158_d13b372aa6_b.jpg

• Like 4

first real snow of the season here. About 2-5" fell across the entire GTA. With another 1-2" event primed to come in during Tuesdays rush hour people are going to notice winter. 

Dont forget Toronto averages significantly less snow compared to you guys so this was actually our biggest snow event since mid February. 

• Like 3