Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate/Eastern New York-Into Winter!

Through 1am..

StormTotalSnowWeb (5).jpg

As of last update kfzy was 37° and rain, so not sure this is going to verify lol

This Afternoon
Snow showers before 4pm, then rain and snow showers. High near 36. West wind around 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total daytime snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.
Tonight
Snow showers, mainly before 11pm. Low around 27. West wind 5 to 7 mph becoming calm in the evening. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.

8 minutes ago, wolfie09 said:

Yeah he's using the long-term average since 51/52, which is 117"..

The 2000s we're hell of a decade lol 

http://www.tsforecast.com/seasonalsnowfall.html

Who is that guy? That's a nice website. I might put one together for the highest total locations in ski country so I can tell KBUF to revise their WNY map. 1995-96 was a good winter wow. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Who is that guy? That's a nice website. I might put one together for the highest total locations in ski country so I can tell KBUF to revise their WNY map. 1995-96 was a good winter wow. 

Yeah I've been following him since just before I moved to Fulton, seems to be reliable..I don't know much about him though..

Screenshot_20211116-143557.png

29 minutes ago, wolfie09 said:

Yeah I've been following him since just before I moved to Fulton, seems to be reliable..I don't know much about him though..

Screenshot_20211116-143557.png

I've been following him a while now. He does the forecast for oswego speedway every week in the summer. I'm a oswego speedway nut it's my Saturday night home haha. Ts's use to do a live video every Sunday night but noticed lately he hasn't been doing it. He is pretty good at forecasting. 

• Thanks 1

A near zonal flow on Saturday will transition to a highly amplified
pattern by the beginning of the new work week. A vigorous shortwave
digging southeast from the Canadian Rockies will be the impetus for
the pattern change. The end result will be a deep closed low over
the Upper Great Lakes by Monday afternoon. The stacked low will then
push east across our region Monday night before moving to the St
Lawrence valley on Tuesday.

After experiencing little if any weather during the weekend, the
above outlined scenario should provide us with some mixed to start
the new work week. This will be followed by accumulating lake snows
in a cold northwest flow Monday night and Tuesday. ECMWF guidance
most meteorologically reasonable in the depiction of the event

12 minutes ago, SouthBuffaloSteve said:

crap, totally forgot about that, heard it was a pretty neat online class.  see there is another one on Dec 1, got to put a reminder on that one for myself!

Yes I was a spotter for down here had to become one for up there. Was just curious if people did it. Their annual snow map almost made me choke on my water 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, tombo82685 said:

I don’t have the map but it had the lowville area less than Buffalo and Watertown. Only had 75-100 which shocked me. Tried looking for the map online but couldn’t find it 

You think the Lowville area seems on the low side, you should see the doughnut hole around TugHill Matt’s area…

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, tombo82685 said:

I don’t have the map but it had the lowville area less than Buffalo and Watertown. Only had 75-100 which shocked me. Tried looking for the map online but couldn’t find it 

Lowville is tough. It’s in a real Valley. It gets downsloped with Lake Effect. It gets downsloped drone the east. But I doubt that’s right. 

8 minutes ago, rochesterdave said:

Lowville is tough. It’s in a real Valley. It gets downsloped with Lake Effect. It gets downsloped drone the east. But I doubt that’s right. 

O I know it is. Just shocked me they had that low. I was also wondering if those maps are just kind of radar estimated too? I mean looking at coocorahs and Nws spotter reports there are like 2 observers in lowville and in chases lake and that’s it. So wondering if they just guess the rest off radar estimates for qpf. I guess I’ll find out this winter. 

Just now, wolfie09 said:

The map I posted had lowville at 119.2"(1981-2010)..

Here are some numbers out of lowville..

Screenshot_20211116-223000.png

Yea that’s what I have been using which is why it shocked me their map. But I also feel once out towards that part of Lewis county observers are few and far between. Think they had like 150-175 for your area on their annual map 

14 minutes ago, wolfie09 said:

The map I posted had lowville at 119.2"(1981-2010)..

Here are some numbers out of lowville..

Screenshot_20211116-223000.png

https://www.weather.gov/wrh/Climate?wfo=buf

Lowville has to be pretty high. They are just north of the perfect LES off of Ontario, have a ton of elevation and latitude. If Fulton averages 170" I would think Lowville would be around 200.