• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Upstate/Eastern New York-Into Winter!

Just now, wolfie09 said:

I actually think it's a little lower now, snowing and sticking at Adams center, mannsville in Jefferson county as well as just east of 81 in Oswego county.. Around 600-650 ASL..

Could be rate dependent too. I'm looking at live webcamera in downtown lowville around 850' and it's still raining. The tughill camera at maple ridge around 950' has snow mixed in. 

• Thanks 1

36 degrees with white rain.

@tombo82685, as much as I wish you were right, it's not just an early season issue anymore. The past decade has been plagued by these types of events winter-long in the Great Lakes... especially the past several years. Sure, you expect to get them interspersed with other systems. But we have primarily gotten these Lows that just follow Lake Erie and move to the Northwest of our region... causing conditions like this. The raging Pacific jet as of late hasn't helped.

We need something to shake things up. Oh,and I would love a move to a mountain top, but the wife isn't having anything to do with that. Lol

How are you guys doing with snow in Western NY?

2 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

@tombo82685, as much as I wish you were right, it's not just an early season issue anymore. The past decade has been plagued by these types of events winter-long in the Great Lakes... especially the past several years. Sure, you expect to get them interspersed with other systems. But we have primarily gotten these Lows that just follow Lake Erie and move to the Northwest of our region... causing conditions like this. The raging Pacific jet as of late hasn't helped.

We need something to shake things up. Oh,and I would love a move to a mountain top, but the wife isn't having anything to do with that. Lol

Yea, the low track isn't helping when you have southerly winds. Nothing to advect the cold in all the way down to the surface 

55 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

Its a typical early season snow event so im not very concerned but looks like most of GTA will have to wait for the first coating of snow. Nothing but 90/10 rain and wet snow ratio here on the Niagara escarpment outside Hamilton. Looks like mostly the GTA and Hamilton (a lot of Southern Ontario got their first snow of the season) missed out on this minor event but it would have been nice to get a light coating. 

Off to Arizona Tuesday and Vegas later in the week and home just in time hopefully for somer actual winter conditions 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, mississaugasnow said:

Its a typical early season snow event so im not very concerned but looks like most of GTA will have to wait for the first coating of snow. Nothing but 90/10 rain and wet snow ratio here on the Niagara escarpment outside Hamilton. Looks like mostly the GTA and Hamilton (a lot of Southern Ontario got their first snow of the season) missed out on this minor event but it would have been nice to get a light coating. 

Off to Arizona Tuesday and Vegas later in the week and home just in time hopefully for somer actual winter conditions 

Have a great trip to the desert!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BuffaloWeather said:

I take that back, some very heavy snow in those cams. That link is incredible, how did I not know about that. @TugHillMatt You're the webcam guy bookmark this one.

haha I stumbled upon it a while back while finding webcams for Niagara region in Ontario and noticed it does both Niagara and the WNY region. Been my go to ever since. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

I take that back, some very heavy snow in those cams. That link is incredible, how did I not know about that. @TugHillMatt You're the webcam guy bookmark this one.

Its a different world on this side of the border though https://www.nittec.org/cameras/?cid=1125 mostly rain in St.Catherines