Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
November Banter 2021

George BM

6 minutes ago, mappy said:

I have not read the books, but early reviews of the show were not so great. hope you enjoy it though!

I haven't seen any reviews - and don't have any expectations really - I would have thought the series unadaptable so bad reviews don't surprise me. But, hell, worth trying for an hour maybe. Dunno. 

2 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

I haven't seen any reviews - and don't have any expectations really - I would have thought the series unadaptable so bad reviews don't surprise me. But, hell, worth trying for an hour maybe. Dunno. 

Let me know what you think when you do watch it. It peaked my interest a little, I'm a fan of sci-fi fantasy. But I am not a big fan of Rosamund Pike, so I worry about how much I will hate her character and that will ruin it for me. I feel like she was terrible in Gone Girl. .... sorry now I am ranting.

2 hours ago, Kmlwx said:

Was yours via a telescope? That may have been a factor. Also mine was just my phone held up to eyepiece…so I may have been holding it at an improper angle ;) 

I used a 100-400mm lens at 400mm with a 1.4x adapter on my Canon, so that gave an effective 560mm focal length.  Didn't rotate it or anything, that's how it was visible with the naked eye as well.  That lens is a beast...like 3.5 pounds...but it's awesome!  And thank goodness for image stabilization!

• Like 1

Thank goodness the landscaping company finally came today to finish up planting in front of the new porch and laying about 150 sq ft of sod (we got our yard re-graded because of standing water issues). We were expecting them to come about six weeks ago, so hopefully it all takes. It was lots of fun watering it this afternoon. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mattie g said:

Thank goodness the landscaping company finally came today to finish up planting in front of the new porch and laying about 150 sq ft of sod (we got our yard re-graded because of standing water issues). We were expecting them to come about six weeks ago, so hopefully it all takes. It was lots of fun watering it this afternoon. :rolleyes:

It’ll be fine. Like the rest of us, it wants to live. Just keep it wet.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, mappy said:

I have not read the books, but early reviews of the show were not so great. hope you enjoy it though!

I have not read the books either but wanted to check it out tonight.  Everyone is out but me and the dog. :-)

I also heard that the WItcher is coming out with Season 2 next month.  Also, if you haven't yet watched Good Omens, Its a decent show as well.  Its British, but extremely witty. 

1 minute ago, WxUSAF said:

OMG, NBC is still hyping a “major” storm impacting the holiday travel of “millions”. I guess if chilly breezes count?

Haha.  I just watched the same thing.  A cold front on Monday.  Oh noes!

6 minutes ago, LP08 said:

Haha.  I just watched the same thing.  A cold front on Monday.  Oh noes!

Lol, they just showed a forecast radar animation of the “major storm brewing”. It was a broken line of rain showers that mostly falls apart before hitting the northeast metro corridor.

• Haha 6

13 hours ago, nw baltimore wx said:

It’ll be fine. Like the rest of us, it wants to live. Just keep it wet.

Thanks!

How much/how often should I water and for how long (for how many weeks)? It’s easy enough to do the plants, but the sod is a different story.

We’re out of town for a week for Thanksgiving, so I need to give the neighbors very strict instructions on what to do! :lol:

24 minutes ago, mattie g said:

Thanks!

How much/how often should I water and for how long (for how many weeks)? It’s easy enough to do the plants, but the sod is a different story.

We’re out of town for a week for Thanksgiving, so I need to give the neighbors very strict instructions on what to do! :lol:

Just flood it. It’s a quick chore.

Lay the hose down in the middle of the area and turn it on for about five minutes. Sit on the patio and drink half a beer admiring your handiwork. Then, go back and check on it and wherever it’s soggy is done. Move the hose to the areas that aren’t soggy and do it again, including the beer. After a couple of times, you’ll figure out how the area is sloping and figure out the best placement of the hose.

In the heat of summer, I do this every day, but now you’ll probably only need to do it every three or four days. And don’t be afraid to walk on it when it’s soggy. It helps create good contact for the roots to get into the ground.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, WxUSAF said:

Lol, they just showed a forecast radar animation of the “major storm brewing”. It was a broken line of rain showers that mostly falls apart before hitting the northeast metro corridor.

The media certainly does sensationalize events lately.  Heaven forbid a legitimate event show up without much warning! ;)

17 minutes ago, CAPE said:

No Lamar today- non COVID related illness. Well, he already had that twice.

For a world class athlete, he sure gets sick a lot.

I think he may have a chronic condition they're not disclosing (that's his business, of course). But most of the time you'd see him miss a day or two and then he'd be good to go (and usually light it up that Sunday...lol In fact I think the famous spin move came the Sunday after he'd had one of his bouts of whatever it is he gets)

Now sure we win today (not confident in Huntley if things are close...he just doesn't have the experience!). But thankfully we have a little room...I think the miracle wins we've had are happening for a reason!

10 minutes ago, Maestrobjwa said:

I think he may have a chronic condition they're not disclosing (that's his business, of course). But most of the time you'd see him miss a day or two and then he'd be good to go (and usually light it up that Sunday...lol In fact I think the famous spin move came the Sunday after he'd had one of his bouts of whatever it is he gets)

Now sure we win today (not confident in Huntley if things are close...he just doesn't have the experience!). But thankfully we have a little room...I think the miracle wins we've had are happening for a reason!

No Hollywood either today. Hopefully they can run it a little. Defense needs to have a big game. They sure are due.

20 minutes ago, CAPE said:

No Hollywood either today. Hopefully they can run it a little. Defense needs to have a big game. They sure are due.

Except...they'll have to do it without Anthony Averett (and Jimmy Smith fwiw)...sheesh. It's been wack-a-mole...we get Mekari and Boyle back but then other folks are out! Sheesh

26 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

I was saying to a couple friends that maybe he has IBS. Seriously. Not sure how many colds, etc. a healthy 25yo can catch in 4 months. 

Apparently something was going around among other players on the team this week- flu maybe? but none of them are missing the game.

• mappy unpinned this topic