Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
November Banter 2021

George BM

On 11/13/2021 at 12:11 PM, mattie g said:

Dominating 2-0 win for the US against Mexico last night. Can’t recall a similar performance from us…ever?

On 11/13/2021 at 12:58 PM, North Balti Zen said:

Yeah, not sure I can think of a better one.

On 11/13/2021 at 4:25 PM, MN Transplant said:

Actually going to qualify for the WC this time?

On 11/13/2021 at 5:30 PM, mattie g said:

We’re top of the table halfway through the final round, so we’re in a good spot. It’s an insanely young (and talented) team but it’s finally gelling. Also, barring any more injuries, we could have all our first-choice starters on the field when qualifying resumes in January.

Seven more games to go. If we pick up just 10 points in those games, we’re pretty much guaranteed to qualify.

effin a, man

2 hours ago, CAPE said:

He means that the Ravens had sort of a 'mini bye' because they did play on Thursday, and it turned out well with the Steelers tie and Browns getting destroyed yesterday.

Yes. This. Well aware ravens played Thursday. Just noting that their fans probably enjoyed the browns getting mauled and the Steelers derping into a tie yesterday as much as i did as a bengals fan.

57 minutes ago, MacChump said:

effin a, man

Mexico and Canada away will be tough. I do think people are going a little overboard for Canada, as I think they're quite inconsistent, but when they're on they're really good (and Davies is an absolute beast of a player). Jamaica and Costa Rica away...I'm not terribly scared of not getting points. I'm not banking on it, but if we can get a win tomorrow night in Jamaica, we're sitting WAAAAY pretty. A draw would work, too, and even a loss wouldn't be absolutely devastating, though it really would take the shine off Friday's result.

Having Panama at home is a big plus for us, as it's a "six-pointer" in our back yard. Thrilled to have El Salvador and Honduras at home, who will both likely be playing for bragging rights to not be at the bottom of the table after the last matchday.

• Like 1

It was an enormous result against Mexico for all of the reasons stated but also this…for godsake we looked like the better team.  Better consistent ideas in attack and a better defense. The wave of legit talent that has now arrived and established itself (and still not full go without Reyna and dest and Pulisic still working back to full match fit) is jaw-dropping. Comparing where we were at the end of 2016 to now is staggering to reflect back on.

• Like 2

Okay. This is for you skis fans out there. I'm looking at Snowshoe just for snow-chasing. I like fancy. What are some of the nice places to stay at Snowshoe that is within walking distance to food? There are some places that are located in Village Center. Is that where restaurants are? I want a place with the most snow. I see some villas with garages. Some that look like townhomes. Those are cool. I'm not too familiar with the area. I've never been. So North Mountain and South Mountain, Silver Creek, etc. mean nothing to me. 

Thanks for your help!

34 minutes ago, adelphi_sky said:

Okay. This is for you skis fans out there. I'm looking at Snowshoe just for snow-chasing. I like fancy. What are some of the nice places to stay at Snowshoe that is within walking distance to food? There are some places that are located in Village Center. Is that where restaurants are? I want a place with the most snow. I see some villas with garages. Some that look like townhomes. Those are cool. I'm not too familiar with the area. I've never been. So North Mountain and South Mountain, Silver Creek, etc. mean nothing to me. 

Thanks for your help!

@Potvinsux can help, he's got a place there!

16 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

It was an enormous result against Mexico for all of the reasons stated but also this…for godsake we looked like the better team.  Better consistent ideas in attack and a better defense. The wave of legit talent that has now arrived and established itself (and still not full go without Reyna and dest and Pulisic still working back to full match fit) is jaw-dropping. Comparing where we were at the end of 2016 to now is staggering to reflect back on.

Great points all around.

We've never looked so dominant against Mexico in all the years (lots) I've been following international soccer. yes, we've gotten big results in the last 20 years (including that World Cup 2002 win!), but they have never been as convincing as Friday was. Our midfield just bossed that game, and we were almost camped out in the attacking half of the field for much of the second half. It was so impressive - Mexico just didn't have any answers.

Yeah...the talent is insane. This is a side that could have played in the Olympics as a U23 team! They're so young, but that's part of the point I made a few posts back - they need time together to gel, and I think that's starting to happen. Pulisic as a sub due to previous injury, and Dest and Reyna injured - it just didn't really affect us. Now...a few more injuries and/or suspensions against that Mexico team and it might be a different story, but these are three of our best players not playing or only playing limited minutes. Ayoung team's depth is always going to be challenged, but we have lots of other young players showing promise and/or playing regularly in very good club teams who will at least be able to fill a gap when called upon.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, George BM said:

Could you be talking about this link?

http://www.greatlakes.salsite.com/Phasing_Storms.html

11 minutes ago, Eskimo Joe said:

No, it was a post with a bunch of links to old Eastern (RIP) and AmWx threads leading up to and including big events like 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2016, etc.

15 minutes ago, Eskimo Joe said:

Was it @high risk or @WxUSAF that posted a thread containing links to past big snow events?

8 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

Think maybe @MN Transplant?

BINGO:  

11 minutes ago, MN Transplant said:

The story, as I understand it, is that someone bought the original Eastern server.  He had it for a while and kept it active.  But he passed away at some point.  I think Ian and others know the full study.

Yeah this really nice guy named Martin bought It and sadly passed away. Not sure what the cause was and what happened since

1 hour ago, adelphi_sky said:

Thanks for your help!

Are you looking to buy or just chase (rent) during an event?

'The Village' is all condos and is where 90% of restaurants and shops are.  There are many condos, townhomes within walking distance to the Village.  Most of which do need updating.  South Mountain is where Soaring Eagle Condos are.  They are the newest and nicest.   About a 10-15 minute walk to the Village from there.  A couple of restaurants are there as well.  Silver Creek is on the North Side and kinda secluded but free shuttle bus runs every 15 minutes.  Brand new Old Spruce Brewery is there though.

If you are looking to buy, Spencer Woody at First Tracts Real Estate is the guy.  Knows everything about the real estate market there.  If just going to chase a snow event, I would stay in The Village at the following buildings:

Allegheny (year round heated pool) or at an updated Rimfire, Seneca or Highland House condo.  All Village central.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Potvinsux said:

Are you looking to buy or just chase (rent) during an event?

'The Village' is all condos and is where 90% of restaurants and shops are.  There are many condos, townhomes within walking distance to the Village.  Most of which do need updating.  South Mountain is where Soaring Eagle Condos are.  They are the newest and nicest.   About a 10-15 minute walk to the Village from there.  A couple of restaurants are there as well.  Silver Creek is on the North Side and kinda secluded but free shuttle bus runs every 15 minutes.  Brand new Old Spruce Brewery is there though.

If you are looking to buy, Spencer Woody at First Tracts Real Estate is the guy.  Knows everything about the real estate market there.  If just going to chase a snow event, I would stay in The Village at the following buildings:

Allegheny (year round heated pool) or at an updated Rimfire, Seneca or Highland House condo.  All Village central.

Thank you so much!! Appreciate it.  I'm a water guy. Love the beach and the ocean. But I love snow too. So, I'd like to give the mountains a try every once in a while if there's snow there and not here in the DC area.

• Like 1

• mappy unpinned this topic