Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
November Banter 2021

George BM

4 hours ago, MDstorm said:

Even with the Dolphins’ performance against the Ravens, they are still the 6th worst defense in the league.  The Dolphins’ defense looked that good because the Ravens were that bad (slow/uninspired/bewildered).

The O-line is atrocious, but Roman made no adjustments to what the defense was doing. Dolphins just kept playing man to man with no deep help. They didn't disguise the extra blitzer(s). Somehow, the Ravens never adjusted, nor could they take advantage, mostly because the pocket was quickly collapsing, when there even was one.

Harbaugh-

"Bottom line, this falls squarely on me as a head coach," Ravens coach John Harbaugh said of the loss. "We were not prepared the way we needed to be prepared. Our schemes were not up to snuff. We weren’t prepared to execute the way we needed to."

So, there actually was a scheme?

The Ravens really needed to take care of business against the lowly Dolphins. 

Week 11: at Chicago Bears, Nov. 21, 1 p.m.

Week 12: vs. Cleveland Browns, Nov. 28, 8:20 p.m.

Week 13: at Pittsburgh Steelers, Dec. 5, 4:25 p.m.

Week 14: at Cleveland Browns, Dec. 12, 1 p.m.

Week 15: vs. Green Bay Packers, Dec. 19, 1 p.m.

Week 16: at Cincinnati Bengals, Dec. 26, 1 p.m.

Week 17: vs. Los Angeles Rams, Jan 2, 2022, 4:25 p.m.

Week 18: vs. Pittsburgh Steelers, Jan 9, 2022, 1 p.m.

1 hour ago, CAPE said:

The O-line is atrocious, but Roman made no adjustments to what the defense was doing. Dolphins just kept playing man to man with no deep help. They didn't disguise the extra blitzer(s). Somehow, the Ravens never adjusted, nor could they take advantage, mostly because the pocket was quickly collapsing, when there even was one.

Bafflingly zero adjustment.  Dolphins were blitzing all the time, everyone knew it, and they still were effective.

1 hour ago, WxUSAF said:

Bafflingly zero adjustment.  Dolphins were blitzing all the time, everyone knew it, and they still were effective.

The fundamental problem is the offensive line is THAT bad right now. Hopefully Boyle is back next week, and maybe Mekari. Boyle could have/ should have played last night. They could have used him. Best blocking TE there is when he is healthy.

16 hours ago, MN Transplant said:

Kid got her first shot today.  Awesome that in three weeks she’ll be fully vaccinated and the rest of us will be boosted.

Congrats!

Wife is boosted - I'm getting mine today. Older daughter is getting her first shot next Thursday, but the 4-year-old has to wait...

Just now, poolz1 said:

That sounds outstanding.  I have been advocating for a beach Thanksgiving for years....but, you know family traditions die hard and I have been voted down each time.

Moving this to banter...

It really is great. I grew up in South Jersey and don't necessarily associate Thanksgiving with cold weather or anything, and I'd prefer not to be shut in on a holiday like that anyways. Being down south for the holiday usually lets us open things up a little and is kind of like a last hurrah before the cold season kicks in up here. I feel like it's just the right time to enjoy mild weather before we're shivering for a few months!

I hear you on the traditions dying hard. I grew up with a very big extended family all living close by, so gatherings were very regular and very large! HHI is where my in-laws live, so the slightly awkward break with my family traditions began when my now wife and I started getting really serious 15 years ago or so. We did rotate holiday gatherings between my family and my wife's family for a few years, but we've generally done Thanksgiving there and Christmas up here (usually with my family) for the last 10 years or so, which has worked out great for us!

10 hours ago, CAPE said:

The Ravens really needed to take care of business against the lowly Dolphins. 

Week 11: at Chicago Bears, Nov. 21, 1 p.m.

Week 12: vs. Cleveland Browns, Nov. 28, 8:20 p.m.

Week 13: at Pittsburgh Steelers, Dec. 5, 4:25 p.m.

Week 14: at Cleveland Browns, Dec. 12, 1 p.m.

Week 15: vs. Green Bay Packers, Dec. 19, 1 p.m.

Week 16: at Cincinnati Bengals, Dec. 26, 1 p.m.

Week 17: vs. Los Angeles Rams, Jan 2, 2022, 4:25 p.m.

Week 18: vs. Pittsburgh Steelers, Jan 9, 2022, 1 p.m.

Packers are good, that's about it. 

8 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Hot damn! I’ve got one of these beers waiting for me after work this afternoon. Should be an interesting blend!

image.thumb.jpeg.9dfc64e4899c8e4318342b32f604c46f.jpeg

Wow that should be incredible. I have had the Velvet and Parabola, both of which are very good. Looks like those 2 should be quite prominent in the overall composition. Enjoy!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MN Transplant said:

Actually going to qualify for the WC this time?

We’re top of the table halfway through the final round, so we’re in a good spot. It’s an insanely young (and talented) team but it’s finally gelling. Also, barring any more injuries, we could have all our first-choice starters on the field when qualifying resumes in January.

Seven more games to go. If we pick up just 10 points in those games, we’re pretty much guaranteed to qualify.

• Like 3

• mappy unpinned this topic