joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
November Banter 2021

George BM

14 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

At least we have Tucker

I need a drink 

They are a flawed team, but are somehow 6-2. With so many backups and guys signed off the street playing major roles, it wont always be pretty, but having Lamar and Tucker gives them a chance when things look bad early or even much of the game. Good news is they have several key parts returning in the next week or 2, including Boyle and Watkins and hopefully Mekari.

9 minutes ago, CAPE said:

They are a flawed team, but are somehow 6-2. With so many backups and guys signed off the street playing major roles, it wont always be pretty, but having Lamar and Tucker gives them a chance when things look bad early or even much of the game. Good news is they have several key parts returning in the next week or 2, including Boyle and Watkins and hopefully Mekari.

I keep looking back at the 2012 Ravens...they too were definitely a flawed team that could've easily had a worse record. But there may be something with this year's Ravens...No matter what happens they never flinch! I mean that have been showing some serious toughness even when things get crappy! These kind of games put hair on your chest for later on!!

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

Their defense *should* be a lot better but they’re getting smoked on the regular. O line is terrible but I sort of expect that will mostly backups.

There was some improvement today, but still too many missed assignments/lack of discipline with over pursuing etc. They did tackle better today, esp the linebackers. It would help if the defensive front could generate any pressure, but they cant and that forces them to blitz probably more than they should.

1 minute ago, WxUSAF said:

Thankfully no style points in the NFL and they *should* win the next two before a tough 7 game end of season gauntlet awaits.

Would be nice to have Andrews and Boyle, and Hollywood, Bateman, and Watkins in the lineup all at the same time for the stretch, along with Mekari back at RT. On defense, getting Wolfe back on the D line should help a lot.

27 minutes ago, CAPE said:

Would be nice to have Andrews and Boyle, and Hollywood, Bateman, and Watkins in the lineup all at the same time for the stretch, along with Mekari back at RT. On defense, getting Wolfe back on the D line should help a lot.

DeShon Elliot out for the year :(

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, MN Transplant said:

The Vikings lost this game on 2nd down after the pick.  2nd and 8 and everyone in the building knew the ball was being handed off to Cook.  The coaching is abysmal.  I don’t know if they fire Zimmer mid-season, but he is a lame duck either way.

He’s never been good. 

17 minutes ago, Rvarookie said:

Are you a leaf bagger or leaf mulcher? :thumbsdown:

Never bag. Too much work with the leaf load I have here. I mulch a bit at the beginning and end of leaf season. Blowing is where its at, as I am in the middle of the woods, so I just push them back where they belong.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, nj2va said:

I blow the leaves into piles next to the curb on the street.  Alexandria will come through residential neighborhoods multiple times in November to pick up the leaves with a leaf sucking truck.  Pretty convenient.   

I think Fairfax City does that, too. I've always been jealous of them.

I mow without a bag, then go over it again with a bag so that the leaves are much smaller and easier to package up. Annoying process, but much better than using the electric leaf sucker (which is very good for hard-to-rake/-mow places).

• Like 1

6 hours ago, yoda said:

Wizards are 7-3 after 10 games... still early, but I like what i see after the win over the Bucks at home tonight

Harrell has really brought some life to the team.  I agree with you in that i'm waiting for the wheels to fall off, but I really think this is a different team.  Dinwiddie wants to prove a point to the whole East that he is one of the top point guards.  Kuzma should play better now that he is out of LA and the spotlight.  KCP is a defensive gemwho should help shut down opponents top player.  Beal is happy having help this year, and it will make him better since you can't always double him with the other threats on the court. 

I'm not saying that they are primed to make a run for the Championship, but it is a good positive feeling about this team and their future.   

Now, if we can only bring back the  name. 

5 hours ago, nj2va said:

Just got the propane tank topped off at Deep Creek.  I checked the unit price vs this time last year….a whopping 45% increase.  :fulltilt:

I’m suddenly rooting for a very mild winter.  

Glad I swapped over to hybrid fuel system this winter. Heat Pump and Propane backup.

• mappy unpinned this topic