Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
November 2021 General Discussion

cyclone77

2 hours ago, OrdIowPitMsp said:

Donut hole of no accumulations around the cities. The NWS office in Chanhassen did record 0.2”

3250EF1C-6AF0-4A03-A690-407D4B87EDBA.png

Ended up with 2.38" of rain here in town at the coop station with 3.16" at another site in town. But the biggest surprise was the rain totals along the shore here. Up to 6" of rain! Tofte had 5.75". Incredible! Just as much rain as snow.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Brian D said:

Ended up with 2.38" of rain here in town at the coop station with 3.16" at another site in town. But the biggest surprise was the rain totals along the shore here. Up to 6" of rain! Tofte had 5.75". Incredible! Just as much rain as snow.

Wow you guys ended up with a ton more rain then forecast. Really needed it too. 

On 11/6/2021 at 6:33 PM, cyclone77 said:

For some reason it's only letting me attach one pic at a time so guess I'll make separate posts lol

Northern red oak is finally starting to turn red, but waay behind.

mklkml-2 (1 of 1).jpg

And a follow up to last Saturday.  In just 6 days it really put on a show.  The oaks around the area look very nice now after getting off to a very slow/late start for fall color.  

ghjg-1.jpg

• Like 4

A windy day here. Winds of 15-25 mph, gusts up to 35 mph out of the west. Temp around 40 right now, but should be on its way down soon as colder air filters into the area. Gale warnings out for the big lake. Heater will be kicking in a bit more today, as the wind always strips the heat from the house much quicker than calmer weather.

Today is the eighth anniversary of the November 17, 2013 tornado outbreak. Numerous long-track and intense tornadoes raked across mostly Illinois and Indiana, with widespread wind damage extending throughout MI, OH, WV and PA. The most significant was the deadly Washington, IL EF4.

I remember stepping outside to go to work at 3 AM and knowing something was going to happen because the air felt darn near like a tropical rain forest, in Wisconsin, in late November. A few warnings were issued in southern Wisconsin, although we escaped significant impacts. It was the first live severe weather coverage I was involved in here at the local TV station where I work.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CheeselandSkies said:

Today is the eighth anniversary of the November 17, 2013 tornado outbreak. Numerous long-track and intense tornadoes raked across mostly Illinois and Indiana, with widespread wind damage extending throughout MI, OH, WV and PA. The most significant was the deadly Washington, IL EF4.

I remember stepping outside to go to work at 3 AM and knowing something was going to happen because the air felt darn near like a tropical rain forest, in Wisconsin, in late November. A few warnings were issued in southern Wisconsin, although we escaped significant impacts. It was the first live severe weather coverage I was involved in here at the local TV station where I work.

Unforgettable day.  Was still in LAF back then and there were like 6 tornadoes in the county.  There was an EF3 that started in the far southeastern corner of LAF... went mostly through an industrial area (and it was a Sunday) before heading into rural areas so that one could've been quite a bit worse on a little different path.

• Like 2

Still think below normal precip and slightly above avg temps for this winter. Below normal snowfall for our area. Another 3-4 week window of thread worthy winter weather will present itself before this April. Let the  season of medium to long range model scanning/hoping continue.

• Like 1