Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
November 2021 General Discussion

cyclone77

12 hours ago, WestMichigan said:

Saw my first flakes of the season this morning.  Still have some outdoor work so the upcoming warm weather is welcome but it is almost time to switch to winter mode.

Saw the 1st flakes here as well. My mom called me to say "Hey it snowing out" and sure enough it was. Scattered flakes throughout the day, nothing of consequence but just nice to see those 1st ones

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, madwx said:

I was gonna rag on nwohweather for still posting in here but then I realized spartman's ohio valley zoom on pivotal weather includes South Carolina so I can't complain

Haha I like peeking in to see your storms and massive seasonal swings as I only have the occasional severe storm or hurricane to watch around here. I do have a crazy statistic for you guys here, today is on track to be the first time my town fails to hit 70° in 195 days. I will say that's the thing I absolutely love about this climate, Mothers Day thru mid September is pretty rough but everything else is incredibly nice and mild. Problem is while it's nice to live in, from a weather forecasting perspective it's very boring

• Like 2

Haha I like peeking in to see your storms and massive seasonal swings as I only have the occasional severe storm or hurricane to watch around here. I do have a crazy statistic for you guys here, today is on track to be the first time my town fails to hit 70° in 195 days. I will say that's the thing I absolutely love about this climate, Mothers Day thru mid September is pretty rough but everything else is incredibly nice and mild. Problem is while it's nice to live in, from a weather forecasting perspective it's very boring

not ragging, but to each their own. sounds like hell to me. mild and settled - blech. hot and humid, double blech.
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, luckyweather said:

not ragging, but to each their own. sounds like hell to me. mild and settled - blech. hot and humid, double blech.

Would be worse if I didn't have a pool or ocean close by. I'm outside year round now and it's noticeable how much healthier my lifestyle is regularly going outside for walks and runs, kayaking around the marshes, walking while golfing, and going to ocean/pool from mid April through mid October. Harder to live an active lifestyle with the harsher weather of the Midwest in my opinion unless it's a place that has a hard winter so I can ski and play pond hockey.

With that being said, I was moved to a promotion down here so I do not have the same disdain for Northern climates as my other fellow transplants. In fact if I had a choice and was allowed to go fully remote, I'd move to Traverse City.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, nwohweather said:

Would be worse if I didn't have a pool or ocean close by. I'm outside year round now and it's noticeable how much healthier my lifestyle is regularly going outside for walks and runs, kayaking around the marshes, walking while golfing, and going to ocean/pool from mid April through mid October. Harder to live an active lifestyle with the harsher weather of the Midwest in my opinion unless it's a place that has a hard winter so I can ski and play pond hockey.

With that being said, I was moved to a promotion down here so I do not have the same disdain for Northern climates as my other fellow transplants. In fact if I had a choice and was allowed to go fully remote, I'd move to Traverse City.

Four seasons playground. I did the move back in Sept of '90 myself. Never regretted it, and often miss it since leaving 7 yrs later for a nice job.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, RogueWaves said:

Four seasons playground. I did the move back in Sept of '90 myself. Never regretted it, and often miss it since leaving 7 yrs later for a nice job.

I'm not sure what you do for work but remote work is growing in acceptance with time. Still though, my company is pretty sold on the hybrid model so I doubt I get that chance.

2 hours ago, A-L-E-K said:

shame venison tastes so bad

Quite a few people don't like it. Preparation is key, but it still does have a game taste. Their main diet during the last couple months before being harvested really can show up in the flavor. Corn fed deer are really good. Same with grouse. They taste better early in season, rather than later after the greens/berries are gone. They switch to more tree buds/cones. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Brian D said:

Quite a few people don't like it. Preparation is key, but it still does have a game taste. Their main diet during the last couple months before being harvested really can show up in the flavor. Corn fed deer are really good. Same with grouse. They taste better early in season, rather than later after the greens/berries are gone. They switch to more tree buds/cones. 

50 years ago there were very few deer in this area. I had a neighbor who would go up to Northern Lower MI and bow hunt. He gave our family some one year and it tasted like pine tree. I didn't touch it again for 30 years. I finally tasted a local corn-fed one and have had others since then, and although much better, I still haven't acquired a taste for it.