PrinceFrederickWx

On 10/29/2021 at 7:55 PM, psuhoffman said:

BWI: 32.7

DCA: 17.5

IAD: 35.2

RIC: 20.1

SBY: 16.1

Measurements in CM

I just now noticed this was a rather impressive troll...and also a good reminder that I've been putting off my eye exam. :lol:

If you're actually playing though, I'm going to need your real forecast by Dec. 1, thanks.

On 10/29/2021 at 1:03 PM, PrinceFrederickWx said:

It's time for the 7th annual Mid-Atlantic snowfall contest! Everyone is encouraged to play, including lurkers, new members and people outside the region!

You are forecasting the total snowfall for the entire season (NOT just Dec/Jan/Feb) for the four major airports: BWI, DCA, IAD and RIC. 

For the tiebreaker, choose one of the following two airports: Salisbury (SBY) or Lynchburg (LYH). Please choose only one- in the event of the tiebreaker, the difference at the airport you chose will be compared with the difference at the airport your opponent(s) chose. 

The winner will be the person who has the lowest combined absolute value departure for all four airports. This link explains the calculation in more detail, for anyone who needs clarification: https://www.americanwx.com/bb/topic/50428-mid-atlantic-winter-2017-18-snowfall-contest/?do=findComment&comment=4656575 

Please use the following format when posting your forecast, in this order:
BWI:
DCA:
IAD:
RIC:

Tiebreaker (SBY or LYH):

The deadline for entries is Wednesday, December 1, at 11:59pm. You are welcome to edit your forecast as many times as you want until the deadline. If there's any accumulating snow before the deadline, please include that in your forecast as well.

Please do NOT post troll forecasts this year. Yes, they're hilarious, but they just confuse me when typing entries in the spreadsheet, and often people have forgotten to update their trollcasts with a real one.

The winner gets an E-trophy made of snow and an induction into the Hall of Fame with the previous winners:

2015-16: @Shadowzone

2016-17: @Stormpc

2017-18: @olafminesaw

2018-19: @olafminesaw (tiebreaker win against @Stormpc)

2019-20: @Prestige Worldwide

2020-21: @NorthArlington101

Good luck everyone!

I'm not entering the contest.  I just want to predict DCA: 4".

Just a heads up to those who enjoy snowfall forecast contests ... Northeast US snow contest enters its 22nd year and the deadline there is also end of today, the link is here:

http://www.newx-forecasts.com/#RULES

The site runs a winter-snowfall contest and for any storms that appear, storm forecast contests. Probably a large number of the regulars there are members of American Weather Forum with (in some cases) different usernames.

The region covered runs from Maine to North Carolina. 

• WxUSAF unlocked this topic
  • 4 weeks later...