Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Winter 2021-22 Short/Medium Range Discussion

Chicago Storm

8 hours ago, OHweather said:

I'm very happy to be back where I'm from at a job I always wanted...still busy getting settled in and briefly living at home to save a bit of money and take my time finding an apartment, which let's just say is an adjustment after being able to do whatever I wanted whenever I wanted for 5 years living on my own. But that stuff will work itself out, very happy overall to be back. Not to hate on NJ but it wasn't home and NW NJ isn't all that exciting (aside from surprisingly hilly and wooded terrain to do outdoor activities in). 

Cool. Well welcome back to Ohio and good luck with the apartment hunting!! I lived at home for a while after graduating college & saved a ton of money. Definitely an adjustment though after being on my own for 4 years. 

12 hours ago, OHweather said:

I'm very happy to be back where I'm from at a job I always wanted...still busy getting settled in and briefly living at home to save a bit of money and take my time finding an apartment, which let's just say is an adjustment after being able to do whatever I wanted whenever I wanted for 5 years living on my own. But that stuff will work itself out, very happy overall to be back. Not to hate on NJ but it wasn't home and NW NJ isn't all that exciting (aside from surprisingly hilly and wooded terrain to do outdoor activities in). 

Welcome back!  It's great to have a met in the forum that does thorough long range discussions for our area.  Always look forward to your analysis even when the news sucks. ;)

• Like 2

13 hours ago, OHweather said:

...... The GEFS could be colder and maybe give places along and south of the Ohio River a better shot at snow, the Euro may be more of a mid-Mississippi Valley to Great Lakes deal for where it'd be snowiest. Anyways, let's see if this look can move up in time on the ensembles over the next several days. 

can we split the difference?

• Like 1

Do we dare wait until at least next month for the first 1+" daily snowfall of the season? DAY's latest first 1+" daily snowfall is February 18, 1928 with 1.3".

ONLY one time DAY ever failed to record a day with at least one inch of snow the entire season was 1918-19. The highest daily snowfall during 1918-19 was just 0.6" on both January 7th and February 8th of 1919.

So far this season, DAY's highest daily snowfall is 0.4" on November 14, 2021.

image.thumb.png.70e4e927ddde5a7772879da518a66741.png

3 hours ago, Spartman said:

Do we dare wait until at least next month for the first 1+" daily snowfall of the season? DAY's latest first 1+" daily snowfall is February 18, 1928 with 1.3".

ONLY one time DAY ever failed to record a day with at least one inch of snow the entire season was 1918-19. The highest daily snowfall during 1918-19 was just 0.6" on both January 7th and February 8th of 1919.

So far this season, DAY's highest daily snowfall is 0.4" on November 14, 2021.

image.thumb.png.70e4e927ddde5a7772879da518a66741.png

happend before. it can happen again.

On 1/7/2022 at 10:58 AM, buckeye said:

Welcome back!  It's great to have a met in the forum that does thorough long range discussions for our area.  Always look forward to your analysis even when the news sucks. ;)

On 1/7/2022 at 11:00 AM, buckeye said:

can we split the difference?

Haha thanks. I suspect you folks along the I-70 corridor will have some chances in the second half of January and maybe early February. It's possible cold really presses at some point after mid Jan and a couple of systems slide south of you, but even if that happens there should be a window after where the cold gradually backs off and the storm track slowly shifts north. Don't think we flip from super cold to torch really quickly, so I think at some point much of the sub-forum will have chances. 

On 1/7/2022 at 7:00 AM, pondo1000 said:

Cool. Well welcome back to Ohio and good luck with the apartment hunting!! I lived at home for a while after graduating college & saved a ton of money. Definitely an adjustment though after being on my own for 4 years. 

Thanks! Yeah, the financial aspect to living at home is hard to argue with right now, especially since it's not the market to be looking for a new place to live right now. Hoping it settled down at least a bit by this summer. 

• Like 1