Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Winter 2021-22 Short/Medium Range Discussion

Chicago Storm

Strung out seems like the call on this one

Agree.

Trend this winter is for a the last wave coming down the backside of the trough to try and dig into the west, and it gets left behind a bit. That is where the GFS went that run.

Even the Euro solution, albeit snowy, is also strung out.
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Frog Town said:

A strong out POS would be money for many of us around here.  #desperateforsnow

Don't you remember January 30-31st. All kinds of posts how/why that would be trash. Then BAM warnings are flying up left and right. Reading this place made it sound like nothing was happening. It's laughably subdued to the extreme here. Not in a good way if you ask me.

10 hours ago, RogueWaves said:

Don't you remember January 30-31st. All kinds of posts how/why that would be trash. Then BAM warnings are flying up left and right. Reading this place made it sound like nothing was happening. It's laughably subdued to the extreme here. Not in a good way if you ask me.

Jaded storm complex. In the DSM-5

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, hawkeye_wx said:

The GFS has now shifted the New Year's storm south, mostly in Missouri and Illinois.  The southeast trend needs to stop or I'll end up with nothing.

Plenty of time with this one, in both strength and location. I wouldn't worry yet about 1 model run.  The solution is still fuzzy at best

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, ChiTownSnow said:

Plenty of time with this one, in both strength and location. I wouldn't worry yet about 1 model run.  The solution is still fuzzy at best

Plenty of time, yes.  However, there is a clear southeast trend on all models.  The new Canadian has also shifted the heavy snow to my southeast... as did the 06z Euro.

1 minute ago, hawkeye_wx said:

Plenty of time, yes.  However, there is a clear southeast trend on all models.  The new Canadian has also shifted the heavy snow to my southeast... as did the 06z Euro.

True. But there also may not be much of a storm left to track either.  Still too far out to hang hat on any solution

2 minutes ago, Malacka11 said:

I don't get why everyone's tweaking right now. Even the strung out runs were good by this year's standards and we're backing away from that. Look at the CMC and tell me you wouldn't be satisfied with something like that. There's still time to work our way back a little too.

It's the nature of snow weenies on a weatherboard lol. Let the good times commence!

• Haha 1

I don't get why everyone's tweaking right now. Even the strung out runs were good by this year's standards and we're backing away from that. Look at the CMC and tell me you wouldn't be satisfied with something like that. There's still time to work our way back a little too.

your on a weather forum with a bunch of snow :weenie: what do you think you're going to see?

Agreed.. it's also the CMC tho :).  But sounds like that is a preferred blend of what GFS and Euro show, so wise to go with it in this case I guess

1 hour ago, hawkeye_wx said:

You said it yourself.  Time for everyone to your east to cash in a bit.  You Iowa folk have had some great winters the  past few years.  Throw us a bone!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1