Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Winter 2021-22 Short/Medium Range Discussion

Chicago Storm

10 hours ago, Thundersnow12 said:

How I roll.

Been an insane stretch of warmth out here the last several weeks. 70s and golf but ready for snow. 

I should start a thread for the next weekend cutter potential but Mr -PNA Joey might kill me 

download (27).jpeg

• Haha 1

The next pattern shift looking likely to occur next weekend (Weekend of 18/19th).

A little more on this now…

As I mentioned a few days ago, we will be transitioning to a new pattern late this week into next weekend. This pattern will continue a -PNA, and will introduce a neutral to - EPO/AO/NAO.

At face value, this ‘should’ bring more cold and snow opportunities across more of the sub-forum. Obviously any particular threat within this new pattern will rely on how much of a dip that the EPO/AO/NAO is taking at any particular time.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

A little more on this now…

As I mentioned a few days ago, we will be transitioning to a new pattern late this week into next weekend. This pattern will continue a -PNA, and will introduce a neutral to - EPO/AO/NAO.

At face value, this ‘should’ bring more cold and snow opportunities across more of the sub-forum. Obviously any particular threat within this new pattern will rely on how much of a dip that the EPO/AO/NAO is taking at any particular time.

‘Should’ is the key point here, by the way.

You want to see how it could still go wrong, even in a more favorable teleconnection pattern? Check out the new Euro weeklies control run.

MKX mentions 55 MPH gusts possible Wed. night in my point forecast. We're not even close to the expected corridor of highest winds, either. @madwx @DanLarsen34 @notsoencrypted

I'm actually considering a drive to Iowa Wednesday afternoon to chase synoptic wind, lol. Although that would make the drive home...interesting.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, CheeselandSkies said:

MKX mentions 55 MPH gusts possible Wed. night in my point forecast. We're not even close to the expected corridor of highest winds, either. @madwx @DanLarsen34 @notsoencrypted

I'm actually considering a drive to Iowa Wednesday afternoon to chase synoptic wind, lol. Although that would make the drive home...interesting.

You can bag some tornadoes while you’re out there

• Like 1

The next pattern shift looking likely to occur next weekend (Weekend of 18/19th).

Bump for a second time…

This pattern will be -PNA/-AO/-NAO, with a neutral to slightly -EPO.

Shaping up to be a gradient pattern, which could be good or bad depending on your location. Obviously MN/WI/MI should be a lock in that pattern, with areas further south having the ability to cash quite well in or swing and miss big (In terms of cold/snow).

In other words, good luck.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1