• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Post Tropical Cyclone Wanda

Iceresistance

Weird, NHC has named some garbage circulations this summer but you get a storm packing almost 100mph guts into eastern Mass and nothing?  
It's currently not tropical or subtropical. At present it is a mid-lattidutinal cold core bomb cyclone. Down stream it could gain subtropical characteristics however as it is forecast to move over the Gulf Stream.
  • Like 2

Some of the videos from this system from New England are more impressive than either of the storms Josh chased in Mexico recently and much more so than the tropical systems that impacted the northeast earlier this year. Pretty high end nor’easter for sure! Seeing lots of gusts in the 90’s and widespread hurricane force winds recorded on land! I love these bombs. Funny thing is if this does acquire subtropical characteristics later on, it will likely be substantially weaker than when it was an unnamed bomb cyclone 

• Like 3

On 10/27/2021 at 9:46 AM, NorthHillsWx said:

Some of the videos from this system from New England are more impressive than either of the storms Josh chased in Mexico recently and much more so than the tropical systems that impacted the northeast earlier this year. Pretty high end nor’easter for sure! Seeing lots of gusts in the 90’s and widespread hurricane force winds recorded on land! I love these bombs. Funny thing is if this does acquire subtropical characteristics later on, it will likely be substantially weaker than when it was an unnamed bomb cyclone 

It got named.  Last name on the primary storm list.

image.png.b01c6dada1d893659cada49cc3c47e34.png

• Thanks 1

• Iceresistance changed the title to Subtropical Storm Wanda
10 hours ago, Chrisrotary12 said:

Naked swirl drifting across the north Atlantic has a name...but what landfalled on Nantucket and smoked parts of southeastern New England got nothing? (yes I know its the same system)

should start naming bomb cyclones like they name them over in Europe.

I wonder what the European criteria for naming storms is?

• Iceresistance changed the title to Post Tropical Cyclone Wanda