Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
November Discussion

40/70 Benchmark

8 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

WWA for up to 9 inches, although my P&C goes even higher than that. What is the threshold for a warning up here? 10?

Our whole forecast area is 6" in 12 or 9" in 24 as powderfreak said, but the P&C is also going to be a much smaller area than the entire zone. We're typically looking for 50% of the zone to hit the mark before we pull the trigger. 

Our zones are set up poorly for upslope snow, unlike BTV.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

Our whole forecast area is 6" in 12 or 9" in 24 as powderfreak said, but the P&C is also going to be a much smaller area than the entire zone. We're typically looking for 50% of the zone to hit the mark before we pull the trigger. 

Makes sense, thanks for the info. 

15 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

Yeah they literally broke up the zones for upslope style events back when I was at UVM I think.  

7 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

How’s the Froude numbers? Doesn’t seem like it would be relegated to the mountain totally.

It starts super blocked tomorrow and you can see it in the QPF maps.  Like 0.50 Froude.  But then it opens up to 0.80-1.20 which is smack centered over the crest.

I noticed the Froude jumps (unblocks itself) as soon as the real CAA comes in.  Froude opens up as 850mb temps drop it looked like in this event.  Super blocked at -4C and then critical or unblocked once -9C or lower hits.

Makes sense though that stronger advection would lead to more freely flowing air.

8 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

It starts super blocked tomorrow and you can see it in the QPF maps.  Like 0.50 Froude.  But then it opens up to 0.80-1.20 which is smack centered over the crest.

I noticed the Froude jumps (unblocks itself) as soon as the real CAA comes in.  Froude opens up as 850mb temps drop it looked like in this event.  Super blocked at -4C and then critical or unblocked once -9C or lower hits.

Makes sense though that stronger advection would lead to more freely flowing air.

Yeah makes sense there. CAA lifts the inversion. Nice man. Let’s get 5-6” at the condo. 

39 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

NAM loves the comma head for Legro. Even into NE MA. 

Monday too. :weenie:

33 minutes ago, dendrite said:

3k goes a little wild in spots

I feel like the 3km makes a little more sense if you are purely taking the clown maps. I'm not sure I'm buying 3-4 at PWM just yet.

18 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

The regular NAM is terrible for NH.

Somebody is going to get skunked between the light stuff/upslope and the coastal taking over. Probably in the LCI/IZG to AUG corridor.

• Like 2