Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
November Discussion

40/70 Benchmark

25 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Anyways, looking at Monday....there is the chance it may be a narrow area getting something and not much elsewhere given the potent s/w and how low pressure wants to pull away, but feels the "tug" if you will..from the forcing.

Oh god, inverted trough.

See ya in December

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Why are you adversarial about that? Supporting a family on a single income at the moment...jesus lol Not yet too the retirement days when I can just worry about shoveling doggie doo

Lol that was directed at Tirch Tiger. Why so sensitive? I ain't rich on a fixed income dude. Sorry you took it personally. I dropped cable so I could divert funds to other things. Sorry again

7 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Lol that was directed at Tirch Tiger. Why so sensitive? I ain't rich on a fixed income dude. Some you took it personally. I dropped cable so I could divert funds to other things. Sorry again

No, I know you don't mean it like that....you just mentioned it a few times going back to yesterday. I mean, if we weren't in the final week of the month, I would....but not paying a whole month for 3 days of inverted troughage haha

4 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

No, I know you don't mean it like that....you just mentioned it a few times going back to yesterday. I mean, if we weren't in the final week of the month, I would....but not paying a whole month for 3 days on inverted troughage haha

Yeah, Fuk that sh it.

21 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

No, I know you don't mean it like that....you just mentioned it a few times going back to yesterday. I mean, if we weren't in the final week of the month, I would....but not paying a whole month for 3 days on inverted troughage haha

GFS is OTL. I keep it my subscription year round just in case. Has come in handy many times. I actually post them for those who can't afford it. I was busting the trolls balls. If anyone understands the pressures of raising kids on a single income its me. We had 9 kids and 2 grandkids in the house at one time with my wife laid off for a while. I get it. The single guy like Tirch who spends 100s on beers and eating out was who that was directed at. Nothing but a troll who adds nothing to the discussion. 

GFS actually has a closed circulation along with a back bent warm front though. But sell

gfs_z700_vort_neus_22.png

35 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

You’ve said that/something very similar before back in ‘15….to Our friend who passed away on cape cod, so your degree passed with him.  No more degrees to give away for you. 

So 4-8 isn’t happening with this potential? 

Speaking of that I was just thinking, I'm going to miss James enthusiasm this winter. I see others trying to fill his shoes... but don't think they have the fastball to compete

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

GFS is OTL. I keep it year round just in case. Has come in handy many times. I actually post them for those who can't afford it. I was busting the trolls balls. If anyone understands the pressures of raising kids on a single income its me. We had 9 kids and 2 grandkids in the house at one time with my wife laid off for a while. I get it. The single guy like Tirch who spends 100s on beers and eating out was who that was directed at. Nothing but a troll who adds nothing to the discussion. 

GFS actually has a closed circulation along with a back bent warm front though. But sell

I hope to not be a miserable boomer when I'm 70.  Do you read these posts you type anyway?  Or just off the cuff  lol

16 hours ago, dryslot said:

Winds may keep us from making it tonight.

For the 4th time this month the temp stopped right at two-zero without ever dipping underneath.  Even with yesterday's 33° max the temp just hasn't been able to drop.  All the CAA this fall has included too much continued wind.  Maybe tonight.

As for snow, our locale might be neatly bracketed, missing both the Friday frontal action and Monday's coastal.  Deja vu all over again.

Way behind various product suites this morning  ( apparently there was a Euro outage ?  I haven't drilled back in the thread but evidence is what it is... ) Interestingly ... Golden Gate hasn't update GFS since 00z 22nd ... it's a personal go-to, but Pivotal sourcing is admittedly superior in a few ways:

Noting the abrupt improvement at 500 mb re 120 -140 hours re the GFS operational.  GGEM ( fw it is or isn't w ) seems to reasonably mimic this sort of potency, both now ending up plunking down an strong packet of vorticity and governing S/W field right into Pa. 

image.thumb.png.54d755cd1eb3e3b94a5f8af63c0f3f29.png

The right panel next interval then sends a mid/u/a wind max along the climo pathways ... S of LI.  Usually...circulating mid levels impose a frontogenic force beneath... in the 5 deg lat smear extending N, regardless of whatever model in question is QPF'ing the layout.   

LOL .. this may be a waste of time seeing as this is less full suite comprehensive ...we'll see, but I like what I see so far for the snow enthusiasts. The other aspect is that Pivotals isohypses intervals are 3 dam ... so, I have to pull my enthusiasm in and realize that is a middling amplitude trying to quasi cut off as that bundle of joy carves underneath - but "carves underneath" [enter gloss eyed physics here] has a way of maximizing matters, nonetheless, and produce/ "over perform" sometimes, too.

2 minutes ago, tamarack said:

For the 4th time this month the temp stopped right at two-zero without ever dipping underneath.  Even with yesterday's 33° max the temp just hasn't been able to drop.  All the CAA this fall has included too much continued wind.  Maybe tonight.

As for snow, our locale might be neatly bracketed, missing both the Friday frontal action and Monday's coastal.  Deja vu all over again.

I only got down to 23, Winds did stay up all night and today as well with the ULL nearby.

Just now, Torch Tiger said:

imagine a retired 70 year old boomer being so petty on an internet forum.  and these aren't new things, he is always hostile on here. Not a healthy hobby in the later years

I am about as happy a person as you ever met. You are just a troll and everyone knows it. Your weather contributions consist of parroting and snide remarks. Good luck trying to turn this around on me. 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Torch Tiger said:

I hope to not be a miserable boomer when I'm 70.  Do you read these posts you type anyway?  Or just off the cuff  lol

How about a not-miserable boomer at 75?
This season is establishing new lateness records for temps, but if there's snow for the grandkids over Christmas it's a win.  (Plus the fun of managing 11 people, 4 male 7 female, on a single bathroom.  :o)

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Way behind various product suites this morning  ( apparently there was a Euro outage ?  I haven't drilled back in the thread but evidence is what it is... ) Interestingly ... Golden Gate hasn't update GFS since 00z 22nd ... it's a personal go-to, but Pivotal sourcing is admittedly superior in a few ways:

Noting the abrupt improvement at 500 mb re 120 -140 hours re the GFS operational.  GGEM ( fw it is or isn't w ) seems to reasonably mimic this sort of potency, both now ending up plunking down an strong packet of vorticity and governing S/W field right into Pa. 

The right panel next interval then sends a mid/u/a wind max along the climo pathways ... S of LI.  Usually...circulating mid levels impose a frontogenic force beneath... in the 5 deg lat smear extending N, regardless of whatever model in question is QPF'ing the layout.   

LOL .. this may be a waste of time seeing as this is less full suite comprehensive ...we'll see, but I like what I see so far for the snow enthusiasts. The other aspect is that Pivotals isohypses intervals are 3 dam ... so, I have to pull my enthusiasm in and realize that is a middling amplitude trying to quasi cut off as that bundle of joy carves underneath - but "carves underneath" [enter gloss eyed physics here] has a way of maximizing matters, nonetheless, and produce/ "over perform" sometimes, too.

Some vendors had the 0z Euro run last night.

13 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Definitely closed 850 and 700 vorts on the GFS. Not just an inverted trough 

index (11).png

38 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

GFS is OTL. I keep it my subscription year round just in case. Has come in handy many times. I actually post them for those who can't afford it. I was busting the trolls balls. If anyone understands the pressures of raising kids on a single income its me. We had 9 kids and 2 grandkids in the house at one time with my wife laid off for a while. I get it. The single guy like Tirch who spends 100s on beers and eating out was who that was directed at. Nothing but a troll who adds nothing to the discussion. 

It makes sense for you because you have a wider array of meteorological interests than I do...I'm only into snows and canes.

It was beautiful this morning. All the individual flakes gently stacked with no compression. And they sparkled like diamonds. 

I went to go do a quick shovel and I opened the door to my front porch and the little air current I created by opening the door cleared half the deck

• Like 2

1 minute ago, #NoPoles said:

It was beautiful this morning. All the individual flakes gently stacked with no compression. And they sparkled like diamonds. 

I went to go do a quick shovel and I opened the door to my front porch and the little air current I created by opening the door cleared half the deck

I dare you to shovel in only socks and oven mittens.