Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
November Discussion

40/70 Benchmark

6 minutes ago, dryslot said:

To bad last year, We were building up a good pack until the grinch storm wiped it out, That was one of the worst ones i had ever seen too, The rest of winter ended up being a dud here.

Yes, that grincher/cutter was a blast furnace that just ate up everything everywhere in N.E. Last December.  And you’re so right, they and other riding areas in ME were loaded up and were looking sweet. 

1 hour ago, Chrisrotary12 said:

Interesting.....it's crap like this that I enjoy. The one about the latitude for where the shortwave comes ashore on the west coast is where it exits the east coast.

1 hour ago, dryslot said:

I follow that and it ends up many times happening

Heavy rain in winter in LA heavy snow 3 to 5 days later here.  STJ

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, PhineasC said:

Man, f*ck that grinch storm. That was the one time all winter I wished I was back in MD. @ORH_wxman tells me it won’t happen again for 500 years or whatever but I don’t believe him. Too scarred still. :(  

Ha, shook!  As you should be in New England.  
All scenarios are always on the table.

22 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

The anomalies up there were incredible that winter. That had to be like a minus 3-sigma event. 

That winter was like 70" lower in seasonal snowfall at 3,000ft than even the next lowest total (2011-12) in the last 25 years.  It was like a true 50% of normal snowfall which is just something we don't see up here.  I want to see the 150% version with 450" not 150" (2000-2001 came close though).  That's my famous Christmas Day photo of Mansfield Gondola through Smugglers Notch and across adjacent northern Greens and there isn't any white (or even ice on the cliffs) except for one sad snowmaking white stripe down 2,000 vertical feet.  Only time in 65 years with not even a trace on Xmas.  Just straight 0.0" depth at MMNV1 :lol:.

I might have to talk to a therapist after even thinking about that winter.  Need to go Google image search “snow in Weymouth, MA February 2015” now.

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

We Mid Atlantic now. 

May have to watch for a follow-up clipper if that Sunday/Monday system gets crunched offshore. The cold definitely has been getting prolonged on guidance. Seems like we may only torch for a brief time now...hopefully that holds. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

May have to watch for a follow-up clipper if that Sunday/Monday system gets crunched offshore. The cold definitely has been getting prolonged on guidance. Seems like we may only torch for a brief time now...hopefully that holds. 

Its refreshing to see things trends that way for once this early season...distances us from that 2011-2012/2001-2002 vide that had been building.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah I saw that too. I think Monday is probably OTS, but maybe one of them can give a little SN. 

• Like 1

Just now, CoastalWx said:

Yeah I saw that too. I think Monday is probably OTS, but maybe one of them can give a little SN. 

I’d be surprised if we don’t at least get the “first flakes” monkey off our back for many of the areas who haven’t seen them yet. Prob a lot of popcorn snow showers around with that upper level cold pool even if we don’t get a real storm. 

• Like 1