Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
November Discussion

40/70 Benchmark

3 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

It’s basically mid Atlantic Fall now when people  are high-fiving for 28 degrees. 

Yep. Are people forgetting a good portion of New England is now in a humid subtropical zone 7 climate.  Last winter HVN averaged >36 every winter month. 

I track my CDD and HDD. (Heating/cooling degree days). This year has been a record for lowest HDD since July 1st and is a few days away from taking the record from last years record  CDD of 1013. Currently at 1009. 

640px-New_England_Köppen.png

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, weathafella said:

We lose the nao in the long range but pick up  a growing dateline ridge.   We may be on the wrong side of the gradient in transition.

Yes. It’s looking like we could go full-torch for a few days in early December as the pattern shuffles. But we’ll see. If the NAO hangs a little tougher then the mild air would be blunted.

Longer range guidance has been fairly volatile so confidence is low. That Aleutian ridge building up has been pretty consistent though. It’s just a long ways out so the timing isn’t going to be exact. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

just did second round of blowing and raking, first 12 bags done, usually get around 30-35 bags to the dump, wish we had a place to just shuffle them to rot, but gotta pick em up, have one maple still hangin tough...hard this year with chicken coop and pen where I used to blow everything, they weren't a fan of the blower...

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yes. It’s looking like we could go full-torch for a few days in early December as the pattern shuffles. But we’ll see. If the NAO hangs a little tougher then the mild air would be blunted.

Longer range guidance has been fairly volatile so confidence is low. That Aleutian ridge building up has been pretty consistent though. It’s just a long ways out so the timing isn’t going to be exact. 

Heh... we will, just because we don't want that - perhaps...

But I have my doubts just based on trends.   This was set to be a pretty siggy ( not historic perhaps, but significant nonetheless) negative departure off a -EPO loading...then PNA relay with counterbalanced -NAO for good measure.

Nothing. 

We normal, with oscillatory behavior now through the period ... Recurring correction theme for ...7 years, hey!

- that trough that looked so encouraging is now progressive because the NAO is ...doing whatever it is doing but it ain't blocking that's for f sake.  It's also being f'ed around with and actually is becoming more E bias than ideal ...probably why the trough moves out.  And the cold is attenuated because it didn't get the back loading of the 'phantom' -EPO... 

Same old same old with models picking up on signals distantly as though they are giant moons rising over the horizon only to come into coherence as some reduced semblance of their original signal.

It seems just as likely to me that any adjectives describing warmth will appear equally overstated.   We'll see. 

50 minutes ago, tavwtby said:

just did second round of blowing and raking, first 12 bags done, usually get around 30-35 bags to the dump, wish we had a place to just shuffle them to rot, but gotta pick em up, have one maple still hangin tough...hard this year with chicken coop and pen where I used to blow everything, they weren't a fan of the blower...

My brother used to get over 100 until he cut a bunch of trees down. He cut that in half.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, DavisStraight said:

My brother used to get over 100 until he cut a bunch of trees down. He cut that in half.

damn! still a ton with just half, the race to get them picked up and bagged before snow cover them until spring... this past spring I had a pile we never got to and it had frozen into 3" of leaf mush, again I'd rather burn or let them compost but we live to close to others so not an option