• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
November Discussion

40/70 Benchmark

The pattern is definitely trying to become favorable for a threat somewhere in that Nov 28-30 time frame. Nice little PV-lobe is trying to get forced underneath the -NAO after T-day which sets the stage for a shortwave to run into that cold air supply...aided by a little PNA ridge popping out west at the same time.

Tip has been mentioning this symbiotic relationship between the NAO tanking and the PNA rising....and maybe this is finally the models "seeing" the correction event. We're still a long ways out, but it is a period to keep an eye on.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Here's the EPS....you can see how the longwave pattern is pretty decent synoptically for a threat....you obviously need the details to work out, but the larger pieces are there.....

You have your -NAO forcing the PV lobe under it into 50/50 low position while you have the main trough axis still back in the center of the CONUS and a nice PNA ridge to help amplify anything diving into that trough. Still a long shot but it's at least a compelling setup.

Nov19_12zEPS192.png

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Here's the EPS....you can see how the longwave pattern is pretty decent synoptically for a threat....you obviously need the details to work out, but the larger pieces are there.....

You have your -NAO forcing the PV lobe under it into 50/50 low position while you have the main trough axis still back in the center of the CONUS and a nice PNA ridge to help amplify anything diving into that trough. Still a long shot but it's at least a compelling setup.

Nov19_12zEPS192.png

Yeah agreed - this is basically the gist of my inability to keep it brief - haha..

seriously though, word.    +PNA/-NAO tandem.

I agree with Ray re suppression .. but, I am also seeing a tendency past D6 to 'relax' the isohypses counts from TX to the southern tip of J Bay... that helps to alleviate the negative interference should that paint reality -

1 hour ago, MJO812 said:

All 3 major models have  the storm during this time frame. 1st legit threat to watch especially for the interior?

6197f27974a48.png

Looks like a Miller b that transferred off the lower mid atlantic coast. There is North Atlantic blocking in place and while it’s not deep cold, there is enough cold for a big storm if things line up. Due to the time of year, it’s going to be a long shot. If we see this setup in January however, watch out. That’s a Jan 2011 like pattern. Yes, that means multiple blizzards. Even if this threat doesn’t work out, the pattern is loaded so there will be more chances after that.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, George001 said:

Looks like a Miller b that transferred off the lower mid atlantic coast. There is North Atlantic blocking in place and while it’s not deep cold, there is enough cold for a big storm if things line up. Due to the time of year, it’s going to be a long shot. If we see this setup in January however, watch out. That’s a Jan 2011 like pattern. Yes, that means multiple blizzards. Even if this threat doesn’t work out, the pattern is loaded so there will be more chances after that.

The start of January is 6 weeks away, nothing like getting ahead one’s self…jeez.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ORH_wxman said:

Nov19_12zEPS192.png

Nice map....if I had to pick something, I would like the PNA ridge a bit further east, but given the block, that probably isn't as inportant....just need to get it up the coast. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

I’ve moved away from loud, smelly, costly, and high maintenance outdoor equipment and have gone all battery. I have this:

https://www.homedepot.com/p/RYOBI-40V-Whisper-Series-145-MPH-625-CFM-Cordless-Battery-Backpack-Leaf-Blower-with-5-0-Ah-Battery-and-Charger-RY40440/306706763

Nice. I am all battery on everything now except the generator and snowblower 

• Like 5