Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
November Discussion

40/70 Benchmark

1 hour ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

I’ve moved away from loud, smelly, costly, and high maintenance outdoor equipment and have gone all battery. I have this:

https://www.homedepot.com/p/RYOBI-40V-Whisper-Series-145-MPH-625-CFM-Cordless-Battery-Backpack-Leaf-Blower-with-5-0-Ah-Battery-and-Charger-RY40440/306706763

I have that product for my snow blower and chainsaw.  Nice to have extra charged batteries for either activity.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CoastalWx said:

The trough in AK is sort of before the 11-15 day and spills into it a bit, but the end of the run looks like the dateline ridging starts taking hold. That would likely lead to a more gradient look down the road. 

I expect a gradient look in December, but any PNA spikes would put mid atl into the game. I would like to be north of the pike next month, though.

• Confused 1

12 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

I have the chainsaw too. Eventually I’ll get the ride on mower too and be completely gas free with my lawn equipment. Next up after that is our cars.

All of my power tools/chainsaw/weed whacker/hedge trimmer are battery powered(milwaukee brand). My riding mower and push mower are still gas, but hope to switch over soon. As far as the vehicles, I think the plug in hybrid is the way to go for now, at least until the charging infrastructure changes. I test drove the new Sorento plugin-hybrid was fun and on my short list.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, butterfish55 said:

As an electrician, I get tons of work from homeowners using YouTube to do their own electrical work. Keep it up everyone!

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Keep the metal screwdriver away from the hot and neutral, Those amps hurt....................:(

3 hours ago, greenmtnwx said:

Electric snowblower and chainsaw? Does your husband have any yard tools as well Jerry? Just kidding.

I know you are kidding, but things are (thankfully) changing.  I thought much like you until I tried them - I have Milwaukee M18 chainsaw, weedwacker and all of the misc hand-tools for a wood shop and I'd assume you'd, much like I was, be astonished at what they can do.   Not having to winterize everything, worry about gas/oil, will it start in when it's -2 outside (this is officially a weather related post now) and general maintenance is freeing.   In combination with longer lasting, more powerful and cheaper batteries .... times, they are a changin'.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Not when the avg is a couple inches. We don’t fake slope so can’t make up for synoptic seasonal failure 

Average is a couple inches but what's the median - can be more realistic in November snow expectation.  Average here is 4.9" but median is 2.6.   Oct-Nov average is 5.6": but the median is that same 2.6".
In 2006 we had our 1st measurable on Dec. 7 and only 11" total thru Jan. 13.  Then got 84" rest of the way.  Had zilch for Oct. '17 and only 0.1" for Novie, finished with 116% average thanks to the big March.  (Definitely a 4th winter month at this latitude.)

59 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Keep the metal screwdriver away from the hot and neutral, Those amps hurt....................:(

Our first house in Fort Kent, circa 1900 (had newspaper articles about the Boxer Rebellion inside one wall) had glass fuses, a main panel with a 4-fuse drop box (in use) that fed a 2nd such drop box, not currently in use.  Lacking real tools, I used a screwdriver and plug-in light bulb to test whether box #2 was hot.  A loud blue flash ensued, also arc-welded both objects to the box, fortunately no longer touching each other.  My electrical engineer dad guessed I'd drawn the entire 100-amp service with that stunt.  :o
If my current Husky 353 dies the next chainsaw will be on batteries.  Given our snowfall here, I think an electric snowblower is years away.  As for electric vehicles, maybe when high-clearance critters are available on my retirement income, or when the new smaller-than-new-Ranger hybrid has enough years that a used one is priced reasonably.

• Like 1