Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
November Discussion

40/70 Benchmark

5 hours ago, ice1972 said:

Except 2010-11 is it ever a pack season?  I hate New England…..need to move to truckee CA……

We’ve had good pack stretches. I think 13/14 iirc was good. I mean, we’re never getting Nov to Mar wire to wire type stuff around here. You’ll need to move to mooseville Canada for that. @ORH_wxmancan rattle off good pack years dating back to the revolutionary war. 

• Haha 3

20 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

We’ve had good pack stretches. I think 13/14 iirc was good. I mean, we’re never getting Nov to Mar wire to wire type stuff around here. You’ll need to move to mooseville Canada for that. @ORH_wxmancan rattle off good pack years dating back to the revolutionary war. 

14-15. That started end of January( I think earlier interior) and went for weeks. I lost mine in April.

2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

14-15. That started end of January( I think earlier interior) and went for weeks. I lost mine in April.

Yea. Pac driven winters and stretches tickle the pack fetish weenies for sure. When we have these seasons of gross pac that needs atl help and your perfectly timed shit streaks…just enjoy the event and move on from the impending melt off. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, NorEastermass128 said:

2002-2003?

That was the year, pack got thin at times but lasted a long time. 95 winter I may have had a deeper pack than 2015 until the thaw wiped most of it out, 2015 was close though. East of where I live had a deeper pack, probably why it was Scott's best year.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, DavisStraight said:

That was the year, pack got thin at times but lasted a long time. 95 winter I may have had a deeper pack than 2015 until the thaw wiped most of it out, 2015 was close though. East of where I live had a deeper pack, probably why it was Scott's best year.

Deepest pack to your north in ORH was probably March 2001 but you were likely too far south for that month to eclipse the Jan '96 pack....though you must have come close in early Feb 2011. If you go back far enough, the pack was probably rivaled in Feb 1961. January 1987 got really deep too in N ORH county....prob 40-something inches. I think I measured 43-44" in February 2015, but that was a couple inches shy of March 2001. January 1996 was similar to 2015.

2 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

Man what a crazy block later next week. 

Gonna have to watch for shenanigans with that block next week....even 00z Euro retro'd the storm enough to get accumulating snow into SNE, albeit not as much snow as the GFS had. It's not a likely outcome, but with a block like that you have to keep an eye open.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Gonna have to watch for shenanigans with that block next week....even 00z Euro retro'd the storm enough to get accumulating snow into SNE, albeit not as much snow as the GFS had. It's not a likely outcome, but with a block like that you have to keep an eye open.

Agree. I don’t know, I thought the overnight runs improved some and weren’t too bad. Pretty blocky. This early in the season that can be the kind of pattern that can be pretty anomalous good or bad and often lead to a sneaky event even if swings in temp are pretty wild. Seemed like the Pig backed off too. 

The early pattern has really only meant something to the ski areas. Gonna be a slow start. But I’m sure they’d sacrifice that for a good holiday season and meat of the season. 

8 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Rains to Maines and snow for Tblizz?

13 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Deepest pack to your north in ORH was probably March 2001 but you were likely too far south for that month to eclipse the Jan '96 pack....though you must have come close in early Feb 2011. If you go back far enough, the pack was probably rivaled in Feb 1961. January 1987 got really deep too in N ORH county....prob 40-something inches. I think I measured 43-44" in February 2015, but that was a couple inches shy of March 2001. January 1996 was similar to 2015.

Blue Hill days over 3 inches 

1 2003-05-01 94 0
2 2005-05-01 80 0
3 1994-05-01 79 0
4 1978-05-01 76 0
5 1977-05-01 72 0
6 2011-05-01 71 1
7 2015-05-01 70 0
- 1996-05-01 70 0
9 1971-05-01 69 0
10 2001-05-01 66