• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
November Discussion

40/70 Benchmark

I was hoping to do some leaf blowing again today.  Did the whole yard Sunday but yesterday’s leaf disaster made quite the mess.   
Alas, other things came up.  Now I’m porked. 
I did find a guy to clear my mother in law’s yard for $250 per visit (2-3 will be needed).  His crew did a great job with round 1

11 minutes ago, weathafella said:

I don’t ever remember this many leaves.   Hopefully they come next week.   Too soon for the gutters with so many still on the trees,   I may have to wear my snow boots to wade through them....

Veteran's Day is normally the day when I can sit on the upstairs Crapper, look out the window and see the tops of semi-trucks across the valley on Rte 25, about 1 mile away.  This year...not even close....but the foliage has become very nice.

50 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I need Tammy to come down and tell me what I have. Some are getting nude, some just turning haha.

When Hunch still has loads of leaves on his trees in that location.. you know it’s a very late fall. I was up there yesterday in Fitchburg, Leominster.. Trees were jammed with leaves 

7 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

When Hunch still has loads of leaves on his trees in that location.. you know it’s a very late fall. I was up there yesterday in Fitchburg, Leominster.. Trees were jammed with leaves 

Interesting as only Oaks have burnt leaves left. I mulched some more yesterday and blew the driveway off. Since I got rid of 7 trees and have the fence leaves aren't much of a problem. Looks like an East wind will blow all the neighbors leaves back on. Enjoy the ear loss

Just now, Ginx snewx said:

Interesting as only Oaks have burnt leaves left. I mulched some more yesterday and blew the driveway off. Since I got rid if 7 trees and have the fence leaves aren't much of a problem. Looks like an East wind will blow all the neighbors leaves back on. Enjoy the ear loss

Nice job cutting the suckers down. 

2 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Interesting as only Oaks have burnt leaves left. I mulched some more yesterday and blew the driveway off. Since I got rid if 7 trees and have the fence leaves aren't much of a problem. Looks like an East wind will blow all the neighbors leaves back on. Enjoy the ear loss

Ever hear of earplugs? 

3 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Much better. We relax 

TYowt1g.jpg

mgNfQlP.jpg

6 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Looks great homie. I actually did some before I left this morning but I’m heading home now to finish the job. 

One is weed, one is beer. One is liberal and one is conservative but they come together over lawn love. Ain’t America grand. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Two runs in a row with -EPO in the operational Euro' extended.

That aside, seems in general the operational GFS/Euro are coalescing around the colder vision, perhaps sooner than the last 10 days of the month, but hold pending future consistency.

Nothing historic, but the 850 mb metric suppresses S of the OV, entering week 2 ( 160+ hrs), and stays there, whilst Canadian reservoir replaces warm with cool anomalies. 

With a neutral-neg PNA flipping modes to neutral-positive during the period, and seeing more AB circulation type spanning the N-Pac in the EPS and GFS means, that sends a cooling signal into the Canadian Shield to match above.  ..surprising agreement actually.. 

It may be setting the table for a series or singular event of more significance between the 18th and 24th.. That hyper bomb in the GFS is less likely veracious but... I do think it is a synoptic instability suggestion  .. quasi Archembaultian deal. 

I suggest there is above 'normal model error' probability for something during that period - obviously it's going to challenge the tolerance thresholds LOL . ..ho man..  Sometimes we hate doing this extended lead threat assessing...cuz ya get all lubed up during the plot development but the movie is eternally boring waiting for it to happen.

One thing we should bear in mind as the month ages on... The flow is manifesting fast tendencies ...(here we go again) a characterization that has plagued most winters in the last 10 years. Separate discussion topic as to why, but... speed saturation, with over-packed isohypses counts, stresses deterministics at all temporal scales.  I think - in part - that is why there is a tendency for the models to over market.  

1 hour ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

I was hoping to do some leaf blowing again today.  Did the whole yard Sunday but yesterday’s leaf disaster made quite the mess.   
Alas, other things came up.  Now I’m porked. 
I did find a guy to clear my mother in law’s yard for $250 per visit (2-3 will be needed).  His crew did a great job with round 1

My guys do it all at once for $250 and I have just under an acre. Then they do one last mow, its usually around first week of December.

• Like 1