• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
November Discussion

40/70 Benchmark

most oaks we have keep half until they start to bud and leaf out in spring, why can't they comply like the rest and just drop already..

4 minutes ago, DavisStraight said:

My brother used to get over a hundred bags a year until he had some trees cut down, he's got 30 so far this year with just a little cleanup left.

damn, that's crazy... when I was in Waterbury I used to blow them to the curb and the car wind would take most away... here we have to bag and bring to dump, they don't offer service for it, kids enjoy the piles tho.

Just now, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

When you pros talk about dynamic s/w’s, do you gather that from UL vorticity?

I’m not near a laptop, but if you loop 500 vorticity, look how that s/w pivots in and then sort of kicks out and aligns almost east to west. You can look at temperature and winds too and you’ll see a very cold pocket of air moving in and also very strong winds on the east side of it. It just means the atmosphere rapidly destabilizes in the mid levels and usually you get some convective elements, strong winds on back side etc.  Maybe a few rumbles in the warm sector to the east and TSSN in the VT mtns?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Yup. We on the same page. You’ve got to keep up with them. I’ll ask anti blower guys like Ginx and Scoots who like to rake due to the noise hurting their ear drums. How exactly would they suggest I clean off my deck? Should I scoop them all up by hand . Should I rake n scoop ? And then what comes next? Get garbage cans? Stuff them into Hefty bags ?  1-2 hours of work .. Or do I throw on the Stihl backpack 600 and blow them off the deck onto the lawn disaster in under 5 minutes and blow the whole shebang the hell into the woods.

I already told you I have a small yet powerful electric leaf blower for the driveway and deck but a broom does work.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Yup . I was visiting customers in N MA and there was several blinding Brown outs. Similar to a snow squall. These were leaf squalls . And then I come home and the yard was the thickest and deepest of Oak leaves I have ever seen. In less than a day 

kBdI6rR.jpg9Nw0pqc.jpgkNDH83l.jpg

There goes your leaf blowing until Thanksgiving forecast.

2 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Yup . I was visiting customers in N MA and there was several blinding Brown outs. Similar to a snow squall. These were leaf squalls . And then I come home and the yard was the thickest and deepest of Oak leaves I have ever seen. In less than a day 

kBdI6rR.jpg

Is that rotting shed where you keep the dead bodies before you ship them up to Mitch for dismemberment and burial?

• Haha 4

12 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Ummm. The Oaks are still loaded on some species. We will all be doing last cleanups in early Dec. 

We did have a massive oak drop yesterday.  Not sure what's remaining there.  The hateful norwegian maples.....they're anothoer story.  They just suck in every way.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

We did have a massive oak drop yesterday.  Not sure what's remaining there.  The hateful norwegian maples.....they're anothoer story.  They just suck in every way.

We had a leaf fungus on those this year with all the rain. Most of those around here.. and thankfully there’s not many .. dropped in Sept. Just turned brown and dropped . I don’t have any of those but there’s a few scattered around .

13 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

We had a leaf fungus on those this year with all the rain. Most of those around here.. and thankfully there’s not many .. dropped in Sept. Just turned brown and dropped . I don’t have any of those but there’s a few scattered around .

The ones we have are young and off in an area of uncleared land between us and our neighbor.  Close enough where they will make their way to the drive and who know where the wind takes them from there.  In any case, I and the Stihl have them in our sights for the spring.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

The ones we have are young and off in an area of uncleared land between us and our neighbor.  Close enough where they will make their way to the drive and who know where the wind takes them from there.  In any case, I and the Stihl have them in our sights for the spring.

Sawing down an annoying tree purges the soul. Take it down!

Just now, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

There’s usually not that big of a difference between the shoreline and 84  this time of the year. You’ll typically see the color delayed there compared to here but they look like late summer compared to late fall, here. 

After yesterdays brownouts .. it finally looks like November. Still a lot of Oaks to drop , but I can look up at them and not feel quite as stressed as I did thinking how many weeks of cleanup left.