Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
November Discussion

40/70 Benchmark

3 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

What does that mean three tags? You mean kills you could not retrieve?

One is an any deer permit where i can take a buck or doe in the zone i applied in, The other two are bonus tags where i can take 1 doe each, So i could technically harvest 3 deer, One buck, Two does or 3 does

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, dendrite said:

41 at MWN, 48 at Hermit Lake at 3750ft, and then you have 30 at HIE.

Yesterday morning it was 20F here and 36F at the Picnic Tables.

November is the time of big inversions.  This was the time of year we had a snowstorm, then a torch above like 1200ft while cold stayed in the valleys.  Only time I’ve ever gotten a photo of full snow cover filling the valleys while 1500ft up to 3000ft was fully melted and brown.  Then you started to hit snow again at the picnic tables.

53 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

Alex down to 29, radiating like mad. Looks like just down the road slope side at Bretton Woods is still 39. LOL

That's fake cold for sure.

Yeah you can actually see the whole thermal profile. 28 here, 33 at the Mount Washington Place condos - about 100 ft higher and 38 at slopes mid Mountain about 1000 ft higher

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Whatever happened to Metherb? Kevin drove him off the board? 

Yes now that you mention it..haven’t seen him post in a long while.  Lots of us were gone most of the spring and summer, but we had some action this year with tropical, and you’re right he hasn’t been around. Hmm?? Hope he’s ok. 

Yeah this is the definition of “fake cold”. Super inverted radiational cooling nights...but if it started precipitating, the temps would be like 44F...lol.

Fake warmth usually happens in spring when the sun angle produces an extreme low level lapse rate. Like those days where it’s a high of 61F but 850 temps are -2C so a bowling ball snowstorm could happen the next day. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1