Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
November Discussion

40/70 Benchmark

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Thanks Jerry! We old. ( We as in me) 

Hoping for first 32 this week. Kind of sad that’s all we can look forward to 

Wasn't expecting 32 per se for last night, but I was rather surprised we did not do the 34 F type frost here this morning.   Really had the feel for that going in.

Looking around at the various sites tied into Wunder up my way. Most graphs indicate a stall and then a rising temperature commenced around 1am.  It's hard to determine what the impetus was for that behavior. 

2 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

49 but age is just a number 

Good morning D I T. It’s been over a quarter of a century since I was 49. Jack Benny was 39 for much longer than that. Stay well, happy and continue to firmly stand your ground ( here ) as you see the need. As always ….

• Like 1

14 hours ago, ORH_wxman said:

BOS went back to being biased warm in their ASOS. Not sure what the issue is. 

ORH would prob be closer to 5th if the siting didn’t change in 1948. Several of the warmer autumns were at the old site which was warmer than the airport. 

Actually that was poorly written on my part - I didn't mean to question ORH's number and reset it to 5th.   I just meant averaging all those numbers, if to get a rough sense for a "regional departure" - sloppy integral heh

I'm surprised we put modest positive nocturnal in the books overnight, this last night ... Considering synoptic layout, there's a front escaping across the NW Atlantic, and a sprawling high - albeit of modest mass - arming in behind it over our region of the continent.   When one has the time of year in mind, that might lend at a glance like its a 28er overnight with ease.

39   ... which isn't warm exactly no.  But it really felt and even smelled like the 2nd frost - for this neck of the woods - was imminent last evening.  Yet, temps apparently rose overnight though; I'm trying to figure out why - because I clearly have a rich and rewarding life ... 

1 hour ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Actually that was poorly written on my part - I didn't mean to question ORH's number and reset it to 5th.   I just meant averaging all those numbers, if to get a rough sense for a "regional departure" - sloppy integral heh

I'm surprised we put modest positive nocturnal in the books overnight, this last night ... Considering synoptic layout, there's a front escaping across the NW Atlantic, and a sprawling high - albeit of modest mass - arming in behind it over our region of the continent.   When one has the time of year in mind, that might lend at a glance like its a 28er overnight with ease.

39   ... which isn't warm exactly no.  But it really felt and even smelled like the 2nd frost - for this neck of the woods - was imminent last evening.  Yet, temps apparently rose overnight though; I'm trying to figure out why - because I clearly have a rich and rewarding life ... 

@Typhoon Tip why can't I pm you?

There's a weak inverted trough trying to set up for Thursday night, so it's possible some folks could see their first flakes if there's enough moisture/lift to squeeze out some flurries or a snow shower.

Other than that, pretty boring through mid-month, gets mild again before perhaps a change in the final 1-2 weeks of the month. Ensembles and the weeklies still showing this.

Just now, Torch Tiger said:

I could see a 50-60" winter and a 50-60 dew

Worcester for example averages 50.7" of snow (1990-2020) for DJF according to http://xmacis.rcc-acis.org/.

The average maximum temperature observed DJF for same period is 61 F.  So perhaps its dew point would be the bet. Or certainly favored.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Chrisrotary12 said:

Worcester for example averages 50.7" of snow (1990-2020) for DJF according to http://xmacis.rcc-acis.org/.

The average maximum temperature observed DJF for same period is 61 F.  So perhaps its dew point would be the bet. Or certainly favored.

I’m sure that’s not ORH average considering how high BOS is (mid 40s?)