Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
November Discussion

40/70 Benchmark

1 hour ago, WinterWolf said:

We’ll to be fair…central and southern Florida is not HHH all year round there. From about mid November to the end of March, it’s gorgeous with lots of dry and warm/mild conditions..especially all winter long.  Come April through October, ya it’s mostly HHH for sure. 

After having lived In Palm beach county for 9 years you are definitely rooting for the first cold front by mid October . 

The winter is generally very comfortable, Dec-Early March . Mid 60’s dews there On the milder days felt anything but humid after 8.5-9 months of summer 

Coldest the water got in Boca Raton was 72 in Late Feb-early March 

• Thanks 1

Cell phone shots but decent sky scenes walking the dog this evening along the river.  Water receded pretty fast after the rains, but still decent compared to mid-summer levels.

Walking the village dog path, watching the backlit precipitation from a passing snow shower over the mountain with rain down lower, a good evening.  That speed bump called Mansfield caused just enough lift to trigger a brief shower/squall as it moved NE of here.

251749262_10104667682538640_852817732754

251979229_10104667682553610_493039109929

• Like 17

1 minute ago, Snowedin said:

Just think, another month and a few weeks until the pendulum slowly starts swinging the other way. Good for us folks who like the dews and hazy, lazy days. Until then, we endure and sip on hard apple ciders to keep SAD at bay.

I don’t mind it when there’s snow. :) 

48 minutes ago, Snowedin said:

Just think, another month and a few weeks until the pendulum slowly starts swinging the other way. Good for us folks who like the dews and hazy, lazy days. Until then, we endure and sip on hard apple ciders to keep SAD at bay.

In New England just call it "cider".  Nonalcoholic ciders are called "sweet ciders" traditionally.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

In New England just call it "cider".  Nonalcoholic ciders are called "sweet ciders" traditionally.

Well then, I stand corrected mr cider connoisseur. Now if you’ll excuse me allow me get back to my jug of store brand sweet cider while reminiscing of warm, long days on the beach. Good day sir

• Like 1

8 hours ago, powderfreak said:

Cell phone shots but decent sky scenes walking the dog this evening along the river.  Water receded pretty fast after the rains, but still decent compared to mid-summer levels.

Walking the village dog path, watching the backlit precipitation from a passing snow shower over the mountain with rain down lower, a good evening.  That speed bump called Mansfield caused just enough lift to trigger a brief shower/squall as it moved NE of here.

251749262_10104667682538640_852817732754

251979229_10104667682553610_493039109929

Great pictures.  I saw the backlighting coming over the lake and tried to take a shot but couldn't get a clear vista.

9 hours ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

After having lived In Palm beach county for 9 years you are definitely rooting for the first cold front by mid October . 

The winter is generally very comfortable, Dec-Early March . Mid 60’s dews there On the milder days felt anything but humid after 8.5-9 months of summer 

Coldest the water got in Boca Raton was 72 in Late Feb-early March 

This might have been the coolest Halloween in the 7 years being in S FL

16 hours ago, tamarack said:

Only things I've noted, and less(but not zero) for bucks than does, are heavy rain and 60+ temps.  The first cancels the critters' hearing and smelling, the 2nd keeps them in the evergreens during the day rather than be out in the warm sun with their winter overcoats.  High winds make the deer jumpy but I don't think it inhibits their plans much.

A monster buck got shot in my town Saturday broad daylight. Warm temps and windy.