Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
November Discussion

40/70 Benchmark

35 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Weeklies show some blocking up near NE Quebec shifting into Davis Straits. However troughing up near AK will limit any cold. Or at least help to limit....doesn’t mean you can’t get a cold shot or two. But that isn’t a cold and snow look as modeled. Hopefully it changes in December.

Cold enough for snowmaking up here though?

4 minutes ago, snowman19 said:

Stop listening to Joe Bastardi

It wasn’t just that.

I think Some folks were getting there hopes up that this next potential could have some wintry appeal to it. That isn’t gonna happen now, and we look to stay around where we should be for the first half of November, or slightly above?

And who really cares anyway, because as we all should know, the first 2/3 of November, are not winter climo for SNE for the most part.  Sure we can score a siggy winter event in the first half of November, but if we do, that’s a nice bonus to get us on the board early.  But it shouldn’t be expected. 

3 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

It wasn’t just that.

I think Some folks were getting there hopes up that this next potential could have some wintry appeal to it. That isn’t gonna happen now, and we look to stay around where we should be for the first half of November, or slightly above?

And who really cares anyway, because as we all should know, the first 2/3 of November, are not winter climo for SNE for the most part.  Sure we can score a siggy winter event in the first half of November, but if we do, that’s a nice bonus to get us on the board early.  But it shouldn’t be expected. 

I avg 3.5" snow for November, Not winter here either until around thanksgiving usually.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

Sun actually breaking through here.  I put the odds at very low that things will drying out enough for blowing the leaves though

Suns been out here for a couple hrs already. Gonna be a great day here, 63 for a high. We take and enjoy.  If the sun stays out there..you’ll be able to blow this afternoon for sure. 

Nice day incoming, gorgeous day really . 

I often think the posters who rant about how we should “not expect snow in early to mid November “ are the ones that have a hard time differentiating between  “hoping thing break the right (snowy) way and being totally cool if they don’t “ and I have no idea what else (being emotionally crushed If white stuff doesn’t fall from sky ?).  It’s a lot more interesting to hope for then high dew talk . 

You want to take advantage of any troughs that could produce snow , nobody cries if A 5-7 day potential dies in Novie or it doesn’t snow ...except so many protest if others root for it , it’s like they themselves don’t want to get their hopes up , or their location is worse , or I’m not sure what .

Literally nobody on the board except PF expects snow in early November .

• Confused 1
  • Weenie 1

9 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

I often think the posters who rant about how we should “not expect snow in early to mid November “ are the ones that have a hard time differentiating between  “hoping thing break the right (snowy) way and being totally cool if they don’t “ and I have no idea what else (being emotionally crushed If white stuff doesn’t fall from sky ?).  It’s a lot more interesting to hope for then high dew talk . 

You want to take advantage of any troughs that could produce snow , nobody cries if A 5-7 day potential dies in Novie or it doesn’t snow ...except so many protest if others root for it , it’s like they themselves don’t want to get their hopes up , or their location is worse , or I’m not sure what .

Thats not what my post meant at all.  Somebody told another poster not to listen to JB. So I chimed in, and explained what it might have been more of?  

Hey, if a significant winter threat is on the way in early November, bring it dammit!  But I’m fine with 60 and sunny too like today is gonna be.  I’m not analyzing any one’s psychology like some others do. Just that it ain’t winter climo yet…but it’s coming. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Helloween Beer ?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, dryslot said:

:yikes:

Flood Warning
National Weather Service Gray ME
816 AM EDT Sun Oct 31 2021

MEC001-005-017-031-NHC001-003-011-013-015-017-311600-
/O.EXT.KGYX.FA.W.0005.000000T0000Z-211031T1600Z/
/00000.0.ER.000000T0000Z.000000T0000Z.000000T0000Z.OO/
Androscoggin ME-Cumberland ME-Oxford ME-York ME-Belknap NH-
Carroll NH-Hillsborough NH-Merrimack NH-Rockingham NH-Strafford
NH-
816 AM EDT Sun Oct 31 2021

The National Weather Service in Gray has extended the

* Flood Warning for...
  Southwestern Androscoggin County in southwestern Maine...
  Cumberland County in southwestern Maine...
  York County in southwestern Maine...
  South Central Oxford County in western Maine...
  Southeastern Belknap County in central New Hampshire...
  Eastern Merrimack County in central New Hampshire...
  Strafford County in central New Hampshire...
  Southeastern Carroll County in northern New Hampshire...
  Northeastern Hillsborough County in southern New Hampshire...
  Rockingham County in southern New Hampshire...

* Until noon EDT.

* At 816 AM EDT, Local law enforcement and weather spotters indicate
  several roads remaining impassible. This will be the case until
  the rainfall runoff ends. Small streams may overflow their banks.

* Some locations that will experience flooding include...
  Portland, Derry, Rochester, South Portland, Auburn, Biddeford,
  Portsmouth, Westbrook, Hampton, and Durham, Saco, and Old Orchard
  Beach.

Between 3 and 7 inches of rain has fallen.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

Turn around, don`t drown when encountering flooded roads. Most flood
deaths occur in vehicles.

Flooding is occurring or is imminent. It is important to know where
you are relative to streams, rivers, or creeks which can become
killers in heavy rains. Campers and hikers should avoid streams or
creeks.

&&

LAT...LON 4373 7134 4402 7082 4409 7032 4367 6988
      4368 6996 4350 7019 4348 7031 4348 7030
      4348 7029 4343 7028 4333 7038 4329 7052
      4315 7054 4284 7077 4289 7093 4286 7103
      4281 7107 4281 7117 4274 7118 4274 7125

$$

mle

Forget the hunting the salmon should be running. Through your backyard...

• Haha 1