Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
November Discussion

40/70 Benchmark

48 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

:lol:

I guess it was pretty bad. Seems like any time we get a storm now, it’s 6” minimum.

This is why those of us who grew up in the 80s as a snow weenie can’t understand the meh mentality for your age group when ya’ll are so spoiled…you don’t even know how good you have it. But to be fair we are products of our experiences so I can’t fault you for thinking a warning level snow is just ‘meh’ when that for us 80s kids is practically memorable lol. Perspective is everything.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

ORH went 3 seasons without a 10” storm. 88-89 to 91-92. If I’m not mistaken. It was bad.  For years all I heard was “we don’t have winters like we used to.” It made me so angry. :lol: 

It really is remarkable.  This decade we haven't gone a year without at least 1, 6 plus storm

Screenshot_20211029-212728_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20211029-212845_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20211029-212929_Chrome.jpg

15 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

This is why those of us who grew up in the 80s as a snow weenie can’t understand the meh mentality for your age group when ya’ll are so spoiled…you don’t even know how good you have it. But to be fair we are products of our experiences so I can’t fault you for thinking a warning level snow is just ‘meh’ when that for us 80s kids is practically memorable lol. Perspective is everything.

TBLIZZ has a 1980s soul. He has a complete disco outfit as well

1 hour ago, CoastalWx said:

ORH went 3 seasons without a 10” storm. 88-89 to 91-92. If I’m not mistaken. It was bad.  For years all I heard was “we don’t have winters like we used to.” It made me so angry. :lol: 

You got the years correct but that is 4 seasons in a row. ORH has never previously even done 3 in a row and of course as I become a young snow weenie, that’s what I get greeted with. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ORH_wxman said:

You are thinking of 11/19/86 I think. 

But there were events on both 11/11/86 and 11/11-12/87...butt he fast moving nature of the storm with intense rates pre-dawn matches the 11/19/86 storm. 

http://www.meteo.psu.edu/fxg1/NARR/1986/us1119.php#picture

Thing is … 1986 had two Novie events?

I’m certain the storm I’m thinking of was the first snow of the season that year. 

That kinda matches the ‘87 -

either way it sneaks its way into my personal top 10 among more obvious ones. 

58 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

You got the years correct but that is 4 seasons in a row. ORH has never previously even done 3 in a row and of course as I become a young snow weenie, that’s what I get greeted with. 

Right lol. Imagine that. So the Tblizz of the world.......you have no idea how fortunate you are.

Some real wild fake cold this evening.  It’s already hard frost outside with 30/29 at the nearby station here along the river just NW of village center.

MVL ASOS also at 30/28 at same elevation.

Anything under about 850 feet is dipping below freezing, while above that is like 40 degrees or more.  Some of these are like 10-12 degree differences in like a mile and only a couple hundred feet elevation change.

E733FD8D-73F1-4CBE-B616-560111EF2325.jpeg.c3e62272e5c80d800f7e8a4af88c68bf.jpeg

• Like 1

9 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

The only year we did not was 11-12 and that was because we whiffed on a deform band haha. At least that was when I was in Dorchester. 

The only redeeming part of that winter was super Morch. Flowering magnolias on the Common mid-month took the sting away from that abomination of a winter.

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Hoth said:

The only redeeming part of that winter was super Morch. Flowering magnolias on the Common mid-month took the sting away from that abomination of a winter.

March, 2012 was ridiculous. I had to turn the a/c on a couple of days after St. Patrick’s Day. It was in the upper 80’s

• Like 1