Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
November Discussion

40/70 Benchmark

4 hours ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah and this could change a lot still....the models almost certainly haven't figured out the orientation of the large ULL and embedded shortwaves yet...so even the first one could end up colder too (or warmer).

But I do think there is likely to be a legit winter threat out of that whole trough/ULL somewhere on this forum between 11/3 and 11/7. Then it looks like we moderate for a while mid-month (which has been showing up on ensembles for a while now)....and then perhaps go colder again late month if the weeklies are correct....both the CFS and the Euro weeklies show a N PAC change by late month which produces much colder pattern.

I'll take a Thanksgiving snow storm and snow cover til Easter.

• Like 2

On 10/24/2021 at 8:45 PM, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Figured I'd take the opportunity to start this, while many are preoccupied with the next underachieving wind event.

This will be the transition month, as the Pacific jet relaxes. We should begin to see a cold reservoir couple with the blocking that has been rendered useless throughout October. I would say shot of some snowfall for many is better than climo.

See ya 11/20.

image.png.39ef2de8bf786eacdb73b96159a2ed0c.png

Finally time to put away these fake seasons and get to what we really care about

• Like 5
  • Weenie 1

… 40 already here. Coldest so far this season relative to time of diurnal  

Heavy glow lawn frost seems imminent 

Curiously … has there been a policy shift on frost headlines/issuance. I don’t believe the region has pervasively experienced one this season, and it seems tonight is a candidate for that but maybe I’m missing something. Perhaps no for the general presumption of end-growing season is already consumed

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mahk_webstah said:

I know it sometimes jinxes us, but I like a plowable snow in November.  Seems this one might have some legs.  Happy to know that though it may moderate, there are signs for cold later in the month and into December.  Would be awesome after the incredible fall we've had.  

A few years back we had that amazing Thanksgiving eve snowstorm.

Our ride east Thanksgiving morning to go visit my family in Chelmsford was one of the most beautiful snow drives I’ve ever taken.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Our ride east Thanksgiving morning to go visit my family in Chelmsford was one of the most beautiful snow drives I’ve ever taken.

I actually went up to Killington the day after that storm and route 2 was totally pasted with snow from Leominster on westward. Down in ORH we had a few hours of sleet in the middle of that storm which kept the snow from staying pasted to all the branches. But once I got north of about Sterling it changed. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

We’ve had some good November’s… almost better than December’s have been.  Some real cold shots too.  It’s been a wintry month.  Last year I had 10.5” on like Nov 2-3rd… I think it was the only storm with 10” or more in one single snowfall in my backyard :lol:.

November snows are great because they vastly shorten stick season… this gray lifeless time of year that looks like a history movie from Chernobyl.  Snowfall, even 1-3”, really brightens it up.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

We’ve had some good November’s… almost better than December’s have been.  Some real cold shots too.  It’s been a wintry month.  Last year I had 10.5” on like Nov 2-3rd… I think it was the only storm with 10” or more in one single snowfall in my backyard :lol:.

November snows are great because they vastly shorten stick season… this gray lifeless time of year that looks like a history movie from Chernobyl.  Snowfall, even 1-3”, really brightens it up.

I think November has had better skiing than December a couple times in the past five years. 

38*, crunchy grass tomorrow morning?

• Like 1

On 10/24/2021 at 8:45 PM, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Figured I'd take the opportunity to start this, while many are preoccupied with the next underachieving wind event.

This will be the transition month, as the Pacific jet relaxes. We should begin to see a cold reservoir couple with the blocking that has been rendered useless throughout October. I would say shot of some snowfall for many is better than climo.

See ya 11/20.

image.png.39ef2de8bf786eacdb73b96159a2ed0c.png

Underachieving lol