• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
OBS and nowcast 9PM tonight-8A Wednesday for a general 2-5" rain, isolated 8" possible. 40-60 kt damaging wind likely Tuesday-early Wednesday. Focus for damaging wind and heaviest rain is the I95 corridor to the coasts. Power outages esp CT LI.

wdrag

NWS Upton finally pulled the trigger on a high wind warning for eastern Suffolk County on LI as well as s. New London County in se CT.  Would have been better from public awareness perspective to put up a high wind watch 24+ hours ago IMHO. 

They mention gusts up to 65 mph for South Fork and 60 mph North Fork and se coastal CT.  

I think all of Suffolk County (especially near the shores) could see gusts up to ~60 mph, with perhaps locally up to 70 mph on the end of the Twin Forks.

NWS OKX HWW - E Suffolk.png

4 hours ago, Snowlover11 said:

dear lord at the bust calls:facepalm: this was a given a break till later tonight.  another 1-2” iso 3” amounts are possible later this evening into early morning

May not end up a bust but I can understand why ppl would think that. After 10 am ish It was a dry day with some breaks of sun today. A lul is one thing. Its not a lul  anymore when it's all day...and not even some light showers or drizzle during the day. Especially compared to the hype it might seem a dud, at least at up to this point. I personally have no problem with that either. I've seen enough flooding this yr.

1 hour ago, jconsor said:

NWS Upton finally pulled the trigger on a high wind warning for eastern Suffolk County on LI as well as s. New London County in se CT.  Would have been better from public awareness perspective to put up a high wind watch 24+ hours ago IMHO. 

They mention gusts up to 65 mph for South Fork and 60 mph North Fork and se coastal CT.  

I think all of Suffolk County (especially near the shores) could see gusts up to ~60 mph, with perhaps locally up to 70 mph on the end of the Twin Forks.

NWS OKX HWW - E Suffolk.png

They issued that this morning. They updated the text this afternoon.