• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
OBS and nowcast 9PM tonight-8A Wednesday for a general 2-5" rain, isolated 8" possible. 40-60 kt damaging wind likely Tuesday-early Wednesday. Focus for damaging wind and heaviest rain is the I95 corridor to the coasts. Power outages esp CT LI.

wdrag

3 minutes ago, guinness77 said:

Winds do seem to be subsiding a bit, maybe because that pivot you guys spoke of is in the process of starting (guessing winds picked up in the last hour because that was the end of that band of precip) but I’m already thinking NWS is downplaying these winds. Max gusts on their forecast for the afternoon is “only” 30mph, and I would say we already topped that. Then only calling for 36mph gusts for tonight/early am? I don’t buy that. 

Again, thanks for all the info, it’s much appreciated. 

BDR has gusted to 44 already....

• Thanks 1

The rain has pushed to the north. Picked up 3.65" here. A lot of rain obviously and flooding in some spots, but thankfully nothing like Ida. Last night I moved my cars to higher ground to make sure they wouldn't get flooded again in case the worst case scenario of getting 6+ inches of rain happened, but thankfully that didn't happen.

1 minute ago, MJO812 said:

Euro and EPS have been trash. No one should take it seriously anymore. I think the 6z run from yesterday had the storm tucked near the coast. 

The storm will be pinwheeling back towards the coast tonight. We will get the strongest winds tonight into tomorrow. The rain will pick back up too.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NJwx85 said:

The initial dry slot over the immediate coast is because the parent low is tucked right into the coast near NY harbor. The surface low that will be brining the wind is still located well Southeast of the benchmark.

pmsl.gif?1635263982172

Yep. The LLJ is also pushing north which means once the rain stops the winds should subside for a while. The parent low will die off and the one offshore will take over, meaning the rain will pivot back south and winds increase as it pinwheels. If this was winter, this front end batch would be a driving rain for most of us or snow to rain because of that tucked in low reflection near JFK. The precip pivoting back south would be snow due to the offshore low taking over. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, crossbowftw3 said:

Look to be approaching 4” here and still raining at a very solid clip, but the dry slot is trying to come in and shut us off. After that our most significant rains are probably done here n/w of city proper. 

Yes but later on this evening/tonight the rain will move back in as well will the winds.