• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Potential Major Noreaster 10-26 through 10-27

ineedsnow

Power just came back here a few hours ago, internet+cable still down at least until mon but could be worse. I’m honestly surprised at how quickly things were restored here considering the scope of the damage but as someone previously mentioned, the outages seemed to be concentrated mostly over the south shore down to the cape which probably helped speed things up. But man what a interesting time this has been..I and many others will certainly remember this storm for many years to come.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

Just take 'em all down.  I hate having large trees too close to my house having to worry about one falling and damaging it.

Yup. More sunlight is always good too. I cringe when I see trees overhanging homes. Gutters filled with leaves, moss growing on shingles, and one windy storm away from a roof collapse…nasty.

20 minutes ago, CT Rain said:

Was on the Cape this weekend - an impressive amount of tree damage along Rt 6 from Sandwich all the way to Truro. One thing I saw that was interesting was a stand of maybe 20 hardwood trees all snapped in half across from the transfer station in Truro. 

Ah, the old no pants damage survey.