• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Potential Major Noreaster 10-26 through 10-27

ineedsnow

I'm not being melodramatic when I say Duxbury got absolutely destroyed. It's a complete warzone. No power and no internet.  0G cell service. They say tomorrow but there's no way power's being restored with another noreaster coming. Many streets still impassable. A lot of powerlines wrapped around trees so everyone is afraid to cut them until the pros get here. 

66b8bcb4121f4d3cb498157a22bf76d4.jpg

06de36061f2704312838b0bedcb5725b.jpg

• Like 12

34 minutes ago, amarshall said:

I'm not being melodramatic when I say Duxbury got absolutely destroyed. It's a complete warzone. No power and no internet.  0G cell service. They say tomorrow but there's no way power's being restored with another noreaster coming. Many streets still impassable. A lot of powerlines wrapped around trees so everyone is afraid to cut them until the pros get here. 

Got it back in Wey last night. But yeah, Marshfield similar. That your hood?

40 minutes ago, amarshall said:

Love the damage!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, amarshall said:

Crushed

4 hours ago, amarshall said:

Major tree and line damage. Phil approves.

giphy.webp?cid=82a1493bikd868n5gztwg330r

• Haha 5

Ok, I think the pic finally loaded this time. This was before the crews arrived yesterday for the initial sweep but it def gives you a sense of how bad we were mauled during the storm.  I actually took a little vid but unfortunately the size is too large to post. Wires are still down across much of the street and apparently another storm is on the way for tomorrow. For now we continue to cleanup and pray for restoration..

image0.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Weenie 2

9 minutes ago, Snowedin said:

Ok, I think the pic finally loaded this time. This was before the crews arrived yesterday for the initial sweep but it def gives you a sense of how bad we were mauled during the storm.  I actually took a little vid but unfortunately the size is too large to post. Wires are still down across much of the street and apparently another storm is on the way for tomorrow. For now we continue to cleanup and pray for restoration..

image0.jpeg

Not sure where you are, but I noticed parts of Norwell on 123 were real bad as I went east. 

Just now, CoastalWx said:

Not sure where you are, but I noticed parts of Norwell on 123 were real bad as I went east. 

Oh yeah, that's not surprising. I'm in the northeast part of town, pretty close to the Scituate line so we're in that sweet spot for strong winds and ocean enhanced snow/rain. Just got back from a little walk and it's eery how it looks with barely any lights on, especially for a Friday night. All you can hear is the humming of gennies and the crunching of downed tree branches..I think it's safe to say Halloween is cancelled in this town.

2 hours ago, Snowedin said:

image0.jpeg

Open a you tube account and post it. That's crazy 

1 hour ago, Snowedin said:

Oh yeah, that's not surprising. I'm in the northeast part of town, pretty close to the Scituate line so we're in that sweet spot for strong winds and ocean enhanced snow/rain. Just got back from a little walk and it's eery how it looks with barely any lights on, especially for a Friday night. All you can hear is the humming of gennies and the crunching of downed tree branches..I think it's safe to say Halloween is cancelled in this town.

Sounds like a halloween movie to me.

The NHC continue to suggest that this storm now northeast of Bermuda heading southeast may become Subtropical Storm Wanda in a few days. So for a name it could be Wanda in the Womb, or maybe Backwards Bob.

Perhaps re-analysis will establish that it was already TS Wanda in its earlier rampage, and as somebody mentioned, it was very close to cat-1 hurricane intensity over the Cape. The perfect storm of 1991 is now referenced as an "un-named hurricane."

38 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Probably better prepared. Also, despite the number of outages, it was in a concentrated area. 

Were they better prepared though? I’m not sure about that. I’m pretty sure this was the first time in my life TMLP called in out of state help… sounds like they were anything but prepared.

3 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Were they better prepared though? I’m not sure about that. I’m pretty sure this was the first time in my life TMLP called in out of state help… sounds like they were anything but prepared.

I don’t know about them, but I know Eversource was prepping for days.  Despite that, I think outages were worse than originally thought. 

9 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Being prepared doesn’t necessarily mean everything was fixed immediately. Calling in help and having a plan is preparation too. You got your power back pretty quickly it seems. Especially after being hit with the equivalent of a cat 1

7 minutes ago, mreaves said:

Being prepared doesn’t necessarily mean everything was fixed immediately. Calling in help and having a plan is preparation too. You got your power back pretty quickly it seems. Especially after being hit with the equivalent of a cat 1

KTAN wasn’t hit with a cat 1 equivalent 

Maybe Plymouth-Marshfield -Norwell to outer cape 

1 hour ago, mreaves said:

Top gust was only like 45 mph here.  I know it seems like a short time to everyone that doesn’t have municipal power. It is usually much better than this. Numerous comments about how it’s the worst experience from tmlp in anyone’s lifetime.

5 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Top gust was only like 45 mph here.  I know it seems like a short time to everyone that doesn’t have municipal power. It is usually much better than this. Numerous comments about how it’s the worst experience from tmlp in anyone’s lifetime.

The gusts were higher than that. 

• Like 1