Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Potential Major Noreaster 10-26 through 10-27

ineedsnow

1 hour ago, powderfreak said:

Pretty cool radar… similar in look to upslope.  I’m assuming it’s speed convergence as the fast flow off the water slows due to land friction and you get lift/precip along the South Shore in consistently same spots, with the best echos mirroring the coastline orientation.

9EE42996-F37F-4AA3-8777-970EBFA7BEAB.gif.ac46ef3e765582021f17a4d111b098b0.gif

We CJ.

2 hours ago, OceanStWx said:

There was a lot of hype and it was hard to stare down that LLJ and trust the forecast was on track, but I'm glad I didn't expand headlines.

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e4743e2isyevim2c9z2sr

Yep. Looks like it delivered in SEMA but I’m taking the under on interior wind in these things every single time. 

• Like 1

Based on Oct 2011, Irene and Isaias.. many of you guys in E and SE Mass will be without power 3-8 days . They called in zero out of state crews ahead of time. Trust folks that have been thru it multiple times . Hunker down and prepare for days and days and days of no power. If you get lucky and get it back in 2-3.. that’s a win

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Based on Oct 2011, Irene and Isaias.. many of you guys in E and SE Mass will be without power 3-8 days . They called in zero out of state crews ahead of time. Trust folks that have been thru it multiple times . Hunker down and prepare for days and days and days of no power. If you get lucky and get it back in 2-3.. that’s a win

South shore is used to damage though. Damage capitol. They’ll be fine. 

What a mess out there today. I’m posting this pic from our hood in honor of Kevin. Let’s bring em back up before the cabin fever sets in. Seriously, the roads are literally impassable around here. Looks like a friggin tornado went through and it sure sounded like it last night. 

Edit: well crap it doesn’t want to load, but once the internet is restored I’ll have a goodies to post from the madness around here..still can’t get over that 87 mph gust nearby, absolutely insane

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

My brother just texted me.  He runs a line crew for Verizon.  An Eversource companion told him it will be a week without power for some on the Cape. 

1 hour ago, DotRat_Wx said:

One of our satellite trucks was in Chatham last night. The wind was so strong, it ripped the door off of the truck and it is out of service.

Yes- the door.

:damage: 

Last night felt like a cat 1 for a few hours and it looked like it this morning driving through. The most intense winds came right around the closest center pass. 

yir9KtO.jpg

Weird thing happened at 615 am. I was outside and this super strong gust came directly out of the west, flipped our tent gazebo which was tied down to the 12 by 12 puppy fence which is PVC . The pen was anchored in the ground and had fieldstone on the perimeter, at the same time in the backyard a table with a folded up umbrella that was attached to a base went flying, the umbrella flew over the pool and landed 30 feet away.  It was at that time the neighbors dead tree split in half and took out his service. Just entirely weird that the wind was from the west when the winds were blowing NE all night 

• Like 1