Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Potential Major Noreaster 10-26 through 10-27

ineedsnow

1 hour ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

I’ll hopefully have some pictures later but friends on the Upper Cape say Bourne, Falmouth and Sandwich are a disaster area.  
my parents house is OK but houses on both sides of them have trees on them.

My friends in North Falmouth say the tree damage is worse than hurricane Bob! 

That makes sense, outside of microbursts,  Bobs max wind gusts on the upper cape away from the coast weren't terribly high...like 65-80mph.  Otis didn't crack 80 iirc.  Also, it was a dry storm.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Torch Tiger said:

That makes sense, outside of microbursts,  Bobs max wind gusts on the upper cape away from the coast weren't terribly high...like 65-80mph.  Otis didn't crack 80 iirc.  Also, it was a dry storm.

Yeah and I think yesterday storm had a greater effect on the entire Cape than Bob did.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Yeah and I think yesterday storm had a greater effect on the entire Cape than Bob did.

Guess it depends on "effect" context and aspect/profiling therein ...

Bob ate the region for a dining tab about $1.5 billion according to Wiki-  so .. fwiw

We'll have to see what/how limbs littering lawns and power infrastructure tallies compare.  also ... I wonder what the marine/harbor impacts were

Long time lurker. Number of trees down throughout my route for the morning from Taunton to Boston. Have not seen damage this significant and widespread in I don’t know how long. Looks worse than Isiais which did a good number on the western part of the state.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Was surprised to see an 80 MPH gust in Bristol Harbor...

https://forecast.weather.gov/product.php?site=BOX&product=PNS&issuedby=BOX&fbclid=IwAR1xJ78AbmKII7FkGmM9fQ8GnowVipFCBFniU047-YyJzVLPTCfcjQi1zDE

Power is out for 3/4 town here, and most of Warren as well.  Weirdly, less outages on Aquidneck Island. Most of the outages started at around 5:30 or so, must have been some big gusts...

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, SouthCoastMA said:

This is and Feb 2013 are probably the two worst tree damage storms of past decade in SE Mass. I might be missing a couple others, maybe March 2018?

March 2018 may be worse lol. Although to be fair I haven’t seen much of Plymouth county this go around. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, weathafella said:

That’s literally what my mother was yelling to me as I got on my bike with old baseball cards in the spokes immediately after Hurricane Hazel calmed down.

I wish i had some of the baseball cards that i had clothes pinned on my stingray back in the day, I bet i had some valuable ones.