Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Potential Major Noreaster 10-26 through 10-27

ineedsnow

6 hours ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

This area underperforms on everything but southerly winds, it seems. I’m not smart enough to know why or if it just variance and tonight’s ne winds will overperform…but I’ll keep betting the under until it proves me wrong.

Kudos to you . This was a bust thru and thru by me. A very very bad call. CT virtually unscathed 

• Like 2

Radar showing some rather extreme looking thunderstorms approaching Cape Cod from ENE. Perhaps wxw007 can let us know what happens there although the echoes are somewhat north of where I think his position is. Had a look at peak wind gusts reported, 87 mph Scituate was the highest I noted, several others in low 80s. (mph)

KBOX_loop.gif

2 minutes ago, Roger Smith said:

Radar showing some rather extreme looking thunderstorms approaching Cape Cod from ENE. Perhaps wxw007 can let us know what happens there although the echoes are somewhat north of where I think his position is. Had a look at peak wind gusts reported, 87 mph Scituate was the highest I noted, several others in low 80s. (mph)

The heaviest echoes are just to my north but we’re still getting lashed here. Still very windy, but not as bad as 30-60 minutes ago. That might have been the peak from what I saw. 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

The heaviest echoes are just to my north but we’re still getting lashed here. Still very windy, but not as bad as 30-60 minutes ago. That might have been the peak from what I saw. 

83 mph gusts in that list for Wellfleet, near the band (and 2h ago now), also since I checked, 88 mph Vineyard Haven. 

6 minutes ago, Roger Smith said:

83 mph gusts in that list for Wellfleet, near the band (and 2h ago now), also since I checked, 88 mph Vineyard Haven. 

Looks like they recorded an 82 at 3:45 and Hatch Beach across the way got a 71 about an hour ago. 

The damage survey will be interesting in a few hours. 

Have been without power here since about 9p yesterday..just lost internet as well a few minutes ago. Must’ve been a transformer off in the distance as those flashes were unmistakable..It’s unbelievable how intense the winds are, never thought it’d get this bad. This will probably be the biggest for the next several months the way things have gone lol..might try and get some pics later depending on conditions. Take care everyone, these winds have to let up at some point.

• Like 1