Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Potential Major Noreaster 10-26 through 10-27

ineedsnow

31 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I just like to have actual forecasts. I put mine out there every event and typically get lambasted and more often than not it’s not terribly far off. I have 50-55 mph gusts here with a possible upper 50’s and Dendy. Legro , and others refuse to issue a number . Runaway has under 40. I still don’t understand why my number is far off . Every piece of guidance shows it or higher. Elevated interior with screaming LLJ and CAA. I feel good about the call . 

This area underperforms on everything but southerly winds, it seems. I’m not smart enough to know why or if it just variance and tonight’s ne winds will overperform…but I’ll keep betting the under until it proves me wrong.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

This would be quite a winter storm... 2.30+ inches of water so far from SYR to BOS suburbs.  Big water amounts over a wide range of areas.  Some 5-6+.  Pretty impressive and still going.

1235874322_October26_loop.gif.f3d24c53bb266840193fe22d69807099.gif

Well from that perspective ... it’s a month early for many and a waste but it’s all we got  

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

This would be quite a winter storm... 2.30+ inches of water so far from SYR to BOS suburbs.  Big water amounts over a wide range of areas.  Some 5-6+.  Pretty impressive and still going.

1235874322_October26_loop.gif.f3d24c53bb266840193fe22d69807099.gif

Dec 1992 came close … Brockton MA had nearly 5” of cat paw rain then flipped to 6 hrs of blue air chutes and snowed (I think) 9”

3.5” of cat paw rain fell sideways under undulating ceilings ( …low melt level ) at UML. And then came the 17” the top 9 of which was powder. 

ORH hills did 36 give or take but even there lost the fist in. of QP to white rain.