Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Potential Major Noreaster 10-26 through 10-27

ineedsnow

8 minutes ago, dan11295 said:

HWW for SE Coastal Mass and Cape mentions Gusts to 75 now. With some trees still leafed you get gusts close to that you are going to have power issues. I agree for Interior SNE is will be mostly NBD though.

I always listen to the sermons about why I should buy into to big wind impacts in my region, and time and time again, sell, sell, sell. It takes a very specific and rare set of circumstances and this isn't it.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I always listen to the sermons about why I should buy into to big wind impacts in my region, and time and time again, sell, sell, sell. It takes a very specific and rare set of circumstances and this isn't it.

I think this tracks a little further NW than being modeled which will give you more impacts; some tropical models take this on a loop in SE MA; that’s not happening.

40 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Who? Lol at way interior folks who think when coastal folks talk about big winds they feel left out. Even hurricanes are usually meh in your area compared to the coast. 

32 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Who? Lol at way interior folks who think when coastal folks talk about big winds they feel left out. Even hurricanes are usually meh in your area compared to the coast. 

Up in his area there on the coastal plain he’s far enough north and flat. So in his area it’s usually not a big issue. Also why he rains in elevation events so often. With everything ramping up and northwest overnight.. I feel very confident of gusts here of 50-55mph. . I would not be surprised to see like a 58-59 either. Nothing like the 70-80 farther east, but certainly enough for some issues. I haven’t understood why people think 50+ in CT is such a crazy idea . At any rate. I’m looking forward to tonight and if I lived in SE Mass, I’d be drinking now.

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

1020 mb anchored over New Brunswick. Get a 975 mb just south of the cape—do the math— dP/dR…it’s gonna blow. 

We’re already seeing that classic cold tuck kink in the isobars. I think our tropical disturbance is going to have a much easier time, physically speaking, hooking in closer to RI and eastern LI than by first approaching the Gulf of Maine. We’ve seen this movie before. 

99405B66-4860-41A2-9B66-696F3EFF2697.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I haven't followed this closely, but my guess is the outcome won't end up being anything extraordinary outside of potentially the immediate shoreline and the cape. I'm sure there will be plenty of extraordinary gust maps posted by the usual cast.

Nailed it! Should be a non-event here. 1-2" of rain and a breeze. Meh. Maybe all the leaves will get knocked down.

• Weenie 2