Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Potential Major Noreaster 10-26 through 10-27

ineedsnow

6 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Even the “tamest” of the models rips 50+ for the valley. Many folks seem to be underestimating this . Fully leaves trees with strong winds from a direction trees not accustomed to.. means problems 

UZm0Qlj.jpg

Shave it back some as usual and you get our 30-40mph inland gusts forecast. Widespread 50-60mph as far back to Newburgh ain’t happening.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Even the “tamest” of the models rips 50+ for the valley. Many folks seem to be underestimating this . Fully leaves trees with strong winds from a direction trees not accustomed to.. means problems 

UZm0Qlj.jpg

The valley isn’t blowing 50mph.  
Maybe some folks on surrounding hilltops get gusts to 50 but nobody in the valley from Hartford to Brattleboro. 

54 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Shave it back some as usual and you get our 30-40mph inland gusts forecast. Widespread 50-60mph as far back to Newburgh ain’t happening.

Same folks were calling for 60 MPH gusts out by the river for Henri lolz. BDL might have gusted to 30 at best.

28 minutes ago, ineedsnow said:

depends on track models still all over with that.. 

off topic but Tornado Warning in California right now so I guess anything can happen :)

A tornado actually destroyed the old LA Convention Center in 1983-March during a super nino.   I had an office and there were so many leaks I ran out of buckets to catch the water.  Fun times.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, weathafella said:

When was the last time that happened.  By the way you’re like 0 for 12 over the past few seasons on these.  Doesn’t mean I don’t love you.

March 1, 2021 62 mph from the NW. Before that, the October 2020 derecho (70 mph). They had another 60+ from a thunderstorm in August 2020. And before that February 25, 2019 65 mph from the WNW. All of these are WNW or NW wind directions. Hmm...

Just now, OceanStWx said:

March 1, 2021 62 mph from the NW. Before that, the October 2020 derecho (70 mph). They had another 60+ from a thunderstorm in August 2020. And before that February 25, 2019 65 mph from the WNW. All of these are WNW or NW wind directions. Hmm...

Yeah convective events.  In fairness we may see that but winds won’t be NW.