Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Potential Major Noreaster 10-26 through 10-27

ineedsnow

13 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Hrrr gonna slay SE areas again.

That's a nasty run. 5+ rain and 70 knot gusts for the Cape/Islands.

7 minutes ago, amc said:

GYX underplaying wind also? Looks low, even local news had a higher gust map this morning.

I think so, but the grids are mine now and I can do whatever I want with them. :devilsmiley:

I honestly think if those numbers were in knots I would like the forecast better. I think Seacoast will need a wind headline almost certainly, and PWM just shy of advisory would be a fair forecast right now.

4 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

I think so, but the grids are mine now and I can do whatever I want with them. :devilsmiley:

I honestly think if those numbers were in knots I would like the forecast better. I think Seacoast will need a wind headline almost certainly, and PWM just shy of advisory would be a fair forecast right now.

Probably nothing of note inland a bit, Gray area? Otherwise looking at a night of chasing downed limbs with the fire department

11 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

I think a moderated version of that gets back into RI and maybe Far E CT

11 minutes ago, amc said:

Probably nothing of note inland a bit, Gray area? Otherwise looking at a night of chasing downed limbs with the fire department

Interior I would think is more "standard gusty" for a nor'easter but currently not thinking headline worthy. 

5 minutes ago, Modfan2 said:

I think a moderated version of that gets back into RI and maybe Far E CT

It's really that surge of wind with the meso-low. Once that passes it will more of a steady strong wind gust regime. But I could definitely see a couple hour period where intensity picks up as that feature slings west.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1