Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Potential Major Noreaster 10-26 through 10-27

ineedsnow

8 minutes ago, PowderBeard said:

Wind maps are not "over doing" for this event, calling it now. Why? Five years of grad school all comes down to this week for me, internship apps due and I really need internet. 

Honestly that's better analysis than I see with some folks tossing around Euro wind gust maps.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

58 minutes ago, alex said:

Down to 29 already. Looks like those first flakes are definitely a possibility 

I was wondering that.  It's cold and it *feels* cold out... like if clouds were to come in and it started precipitating that some flakes during the onset might be possible in the higher terrain.

• Weenie 2

4 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

It’s more a function of how the euro is carrying the primary. It’s not slinging it in like 12z but sort of develops it further west and gives that appearance. End result wasn’t much different.

Functionally the LLJ develops in a similar location and strength as 12z, so I agree that sensible weather probably isn't much different.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

I was wondering that.  It's cold and it *feels* cold out... like if clouds were to come in and it started precipitating that some flakes during the onset might be possible in the higher terrain.

Late morning looks sneaky for some of the hills just above valley locations. Like pretty isothermal around freezing above 500 ft off the deck. Primary lift region is a little warm, so we're not talking serious accumulation but enough to stoke the weenie fires.

8 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

Late morning looks sneaky for some of the hills just above valley locations. Like pretty isothermal around freezing above 500 ft off the deck. Primary lift region is a little warm, so we're not talking serious accumulation but enough to stoke the weenie fires.

Even a brief period of wet snow above 1,500ft might be the most interesting thing that happens in the North Country with this system, ha.  Otherwise, wet, dreary week.

29 minutes ago, PowderBeard said:

Wind maps are not "over doing" for this event, calling it now. Why? Five years of grad school all comes down to this week for me, internship apps due and I really need internet. 

Congrat's and good luck dude on the applications.  A guy named Murphy thinks there will be some localized mixing of high winds aloft in your neighborhood.  He doesn't have a met degree though.

• Like 1

Just now, Ginx snewx said:

Gonna leave a mark. Some max waves. Should be some great pics from Scooters hood

Even though it's a max wave height, it makes good conceptual sense. When we issue storm watches/warnings there should be 20 foot significant wave heights in the forecast. Max waves are typically double the significant wave height. A 20 ft wave forecast should get you in the 40s for max possible waves.

• Like 2