• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Two large rain/wind events 10/25-26, 10/28-30 w probable totals by Oct 31 of 2.5-8" in the NYC subforum, damaging wind and SVR potential for one of these storms

wdrag

7 minutes ago, Brian5671 said:

Still drenches us with the loop south of Long Island. Big rainmaker no matter what.

The entire evolution of the storm is completely different than its last run. After this initial heavy rain the morning, the NAM now shows a narrow inverted trough like feature slowly rotating through parts of the area. Winds in SE New England are insane. 

namconus_ref_frzn_neus_29.png

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mob1 said:

The entire evolution of the storm is completely different than its last run. After this initial heavy rain the morning, the NAM now shows a narrow inverted trough like feature slowly rotating through parts of the area. Winds in SE New England are insane. 

namconus_ref_frzn_neus_29.png

Looking pretty lame on winds for us 

• Like 1

Hi... will update OBS thread TITLE amounts, maybe around 8P as we get going.  One thing am pretty sure of... we get big wind and power outages CT/LI and am staying with the near 70MPH gusts.  

More when I get a new handle on everything after a day of work, and installing (w Nick Stefano and excellent support from Weatherflow help desk) new weather station.  Hopefully it does well. 

• Like 5

35 minutes ago, wdrag said:

Hi... will update OBS thread TITLE amounts, maybe around 8P as we get going.  One thing am pretty sure of... we get big wind and power outages CT/LI and am staying with the near 70MPH gusts.  

More when I get a new handle on everything after a day of work, and installing (w Nick Stefano and excellent support from Weatherflow help desk) new weather station.  Hopefully it does well. 

Good luck with the weather station. I just checked out the tempest, very interesting. I currently have Davis.

44 minutes ago, lee59 said:

Good luck with the weather station. I just checked out the tempest, very interesting. I currently have Davis.

I have both.  Davis is better.  Weatherflow is not as good with rain fall amounts.  In heavy rains the ultrasonic wind equipment gets faded out so you don’t get accurate wind measurements. Stick with Vantage Vue or Vantage Pro 2.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wdrag said:

Very much like the weatherflow. Sleek all in one design. Like others have said, it’s not there yet for accuracy on the rainfall, but everything else is nice.
I think I spotted you on the weatherflow map way up there in the NW corner of NJ  

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, crossbowftw3 said:

18z GFS still has some really crazy winds for ENE at 925

42D39600-6CC2-4069-BE1F-0CB3275D29E6.png

60-70 mph near MTP and 80 mph near MVY. We will really have to watch where that cyclonic loop occurs for the winds. Those storms that back in from the east are notorious for wind damage near the center.

BFFBF5D3-BF04-416E-A772-89AC39AEFC89.thumb.gif.b152b543525cfca425376a6d19e3b6c9.gif

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tdp146 said:

Very much like the weatherflow. Sleek all in one design. Like others have said, it’s not there yet for accuracy on the rainfall, but everything else is nice.
I think I spotted you on the weatherflow map way up there in the NW corner of NJ  

I'll trust the rain and compare to nearby stations and cocorahs.  Think I'll know more at 6A.  Linquenda Dr. Beautiful up here - very very very fortunate. I do not want to be disappointed but facts are facts so, should know more by Sat night. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lee59 said:

Davis is the standard... you have one of the best. I just didn't want to take that extra cash away from family.  Also, I don 't like paying yearly subscription to share data. However, Davis is I think one of the best. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, wdrag said:

I'll trust the rain and compare to nearby stations and cocorahs.  Think I'll know more at 6A.  Linquenda Dr. Beautiful up here - very very very fortunate. I do not want to be disappointed but facts are facts so, should know more by Sat night. 

Heavy rain is not reliable on Weather Flow stations due to the sensor.  I have one and it’s good for winds and temp

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1